Under the direction of the Regional Dean, Shuswap Revelstoke, the Manager, Community Relations & Campus Administration (the ?Manager?) is responsible for the development of a sustainable and vibrant center that is responsive to the needs of the Revelstoke region and contributes to the goals and mission of Okanagan College. The Manager provides managerial oversight and assistance with respect to all aspects of the Centre and supports and enhances the efforts of the Regional Dean in fostering a positive team approach and provision of quality customer service. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining key community stakeholder relationships; implementing campus procedures to support operations with a focus on service leadership; providing oversight of short and long term program and services; supporting and advocating for sustainable core and rotational programs and services; and monitoring existing College processes and procedures to ensure consistency in application. The position will provide leadership and supervision for the administration and registration staff at the Revelstoke Centre.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline is required. 6 year's related experience including 4 years' experience providing direct supervision and budget responsibilities required. Experience working in the post-secondary sector is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to liaise effectively with business and industry
- Team player with honesty, integrity and an aptitude for working in a collaborative environment
- Must be flexible and able to manage high work volume and conflicting priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent research skills with ability to synthesize data/information and develop/deliver findings and recommendations
- Proven project management skills and excellent organizational, as well as, budgeting and financial management skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office and complex databases, as well as the ability to generate and analyze reports
- Collaboration & Collegiality
- Continuous Learning & Information Seeking
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Integrity & Accountability
- Student & Service Focus
Job Specific Competencies
- Relationship & Network Building
- Creative Thinking & Innovation
- Conflict Management
- Problem Solving / Judgment
- Developing Others
- Results Orientation
- Organizational Awareness & Commitment
- Strategic Thinking
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Position will work 17.5 hours per week
- schedule to be determined with candidate.
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate
Range $64,860 to $95,129. Typical Hiring Range $77,832 to $86,480.
- Term Part-time
Special Instructions to Applicants