At IBM, work is more than a job
- it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, work is more than a job
- it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. IBM Global Markets team is looking for a Storage Brand Sales specialist to join their team IBM Storage and selling into our Western Canada largest accounts.IBM data storage provides simple hybrid storage solutions that address all modern data requirements. In this role you will be helping clients to store more data, gain faster insights by applying AI and big data, improve data mobility and improve cyber resiliency and data protection. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Selling the entire IBM Storage portfolio including HW and SW into IBM's largest accounts in Western Canada.
- Actively engage with clients to develop the trust and credibility to help them grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
- Use business/technical acumen to understand the client's business/technical requirements, and/or competitive landscape.
- Work with IBM client teams, IBM Business Partners and other IBM brand sellers to identify, develop and progress a robust opportunity pipeline.
- Collaborate, Architect with IBM Hardware / Software and Services teams to define, design, and detail the aspects and feasibility of proposed integrated solutions and Sales Business Development.
- Work with the technical team to deliver effective Proof of Concept (POC), Proof of Technology (POT), support critical situations. Preferred Technology Background:
- Knowledge of multiple Hybrid Storage Cloud Solutions (ie: EMC, HDS, NetApp, Veeam, Cohesity, PURE Storage)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years' experience in technology infrastructure sales
- At least 5years' experience selling storage hardware and/or software solutions in Hybrid Cloud Environments and Container Based development environments.
- Selling to government-based entities and large accounts. ie. Education, HealthCare, Municipalities, Telco, Financial Services
- Ability to manage large territory across multiple provinces.
- Experience with lead generation, or cold calling
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to converse and consult with customers, providing educational value during the process and prioritize customer requirements
- Ability to converse and consult with multiple partners and distributors to device partner strategy and manage channel go to market.
- Develop sales strategies that clearly define customer goals and metrics for success
- Demonstrable record of sales success against quota
- A self-starter who's curious and that is not afraid of a challenge while challenging other around them. An individual who has relentless focus on growing your client group.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of IBM Storage Portfolio, IBM Cloud and Redhat
- Selling Competitive Landscape
- Dell EMC, Pure, HPE, Cohesity, Veeam, Amazon, Google, AWS
- AI/Machine Learning/ Big Data Background
- Experience with Salesforce MEDDIC selling methodology
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities
- where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.