Smarter trade. Better lives.
As a new world takes shape, DP World enables smarter trade and improves lives. Our modern, strategically positioned marine terminals and logistics parks have the speed, reliability and reach to ensure your cargo gets to where it needs to be
- but what sets us apart is our team of experts with our unceasing commitment to innovation. The world is changing at an unparalleled pace and we are growing to meet its needs. With more capacity coming online we are ready for the future. We trade smarter.
- 70,000 Vessels served each year
- 174,000 Containers moved every day
- 78 Businesses located in 40 countries
- 45,000 People from 130 countries
DP World Vancouver
Secure, efficient access to Canadian markets.
Strategically located on the south shore of the Burrard inlet in downtown Vancouver, DP World Vancouver is a mere 30 miles from the US border. We are Western Canada's premier container terminal operator and stevedore.
Ideally positioned for global trade, we act as a key gateway for trans-Pacific trade between Asia and Canadian markets, as well as beyond to the US. Our central location is a multi-transport hub which offers excellent intermodal connections via two rail networks, CN Rail and CP Rail, as well as direct road links.
With a global reputation built on nearly a century of experience, DP World Vancouver also provides stevedoring services at ports and terminals throughout British Columbia. Our world-renowned professionals provide safe, innovative, and unsurpassed cargo handling trusted by top manufacturers around the world. We handle a wide range of cargoes such as breakbulk, yachts, roll-on roll-off and forest products. We are your global leader in container handling services.
What We Offer
Joining DP World Vancouver means joining a people-oriented company. You will be amongst great colleagues, enjoying a relaxed environment that values your contributions. We pride ourselves on our openness, approachability, excellence in safety and customer service and our commitment to growth and innovation. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, lifestyle spending account, pension with employer contributions, retirement savings plan, and support for professional development. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to run world-class operations so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
The Communications Manager is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive communication strategies that reflect the Company's brand and align with the vision and business goals.
In this role, you will:
- Create and implement a communications strategy for short and long-term goals and objectives related to the Company's visibility, reputation and growth.
- Oversee brand management to ensure precise and consistent adherence to the global brand.
- Write, edit and produce compelling content for a variety of internal and external communication channels, such as but not limited to emails, websites, social media, news releases.
- Support DP World Canada community partnership initiatives.
- Build, maintain and implement the Communications calendar.
- Analyze and report on communication metrics.
What you bring to the role:
- A Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations or other relevant field.
- Minimum 6 years of progressive Communications experience
- Experience with CMS, CRM and email marketing tools is an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management abilities, with high attention to deal; including creative and analytical skills
- Expertise in branding
- Experience pitching stores and media relationship building
- Outstanding customer focus skills including the ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Strong social media management skills with an understanding of how to integrate social into a comprehensive communications strategy
- Results oriented and a resourceful problem-solver, with experience in a fast-paced and demanding business environment
No phone calls or agencies please. DP World Vancouver is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, testing and pre-employment medical examination. To be eligible for hire, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must successfully obtain Transport Canada Security Clearance.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to test your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our know-how and join the DP World team.
Deadline to apply is February 26, 2021 at 3 pm.