Founded in Kingston in 1954, Homestead Land Holdings Limited has grown to become one of Canada's largest and most respected owners of multi-residential apartment buildings. The founding principles of the company are still in place today, which are to provide residents with affordable, secure housing with a standard of care in which we would treat our own family members.
Under the direction of the Property Manager as the main point of contact, you will oversee all work necessary to maintain the property and all buildings allocated to your community. You will provide leadership, training, mentorship and guidance to your staff of approximately 10 people. A Community Manager must ensure that Customer Service is at the forefront through timely and effective response to tenant concerns in a professional manner. The focus will be managing the day to day operations of the rental offices and maintenance requirements, organizing month-end procedures & ordering supplies. You will manage budgets, book contractors, and obtain quotes for projects.
The schedule is Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Responsible for managing CAPEX projects in conjunction with Property Manager.
- Manage staff in the performance of their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Ensure that accurate, timely, and complete documentation is maintained for all matters posing a risk, liability, lawsuit, potential lawsuit, and/or benefit to the company.
- Review monthly financial statements with Property Manager.
- Demonstrate and promote client driven attitude with all customers.
- Perform regular property inspections of customer suites, common areas, building exteriors, and landscape.
- Ensure effective management of loss prevention, risk management, security, maintenance, marketing, landscaping, snow removal, ventilation, heating, cooling and other daily activities.
- Manage tenant relations and coordinate requests for repairs and maintenance, understanding of rent charges, lease issues and other tenant concerns.
- Wide variety of other duties are required.
- Post-Secondary is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer and related technology skills e.g. MS Office is required. Yardi is an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Results oriented
- Direct experience is not required, however, experience in a supervisory or management role is required
- Knowledge of Property Management procedures/law is an asset
Please apply directly on our website www.homestead.ca/careers and be sure to attach your resume.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted directly. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Please make needs known in advance.