Job Description :
Communications Leader, Transformation Office
VGH 12th & Oak
Temporary Full Time
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), the Communications Leader is accountable for developing, coordinating and delivering strategic communication campaigns, projects and change initiatives on behalf of the department. Provides leadership and consultation in all aspects of communications to advance organizational strategic priorities, while strengthening the department's and organization's reputation with both internal and external stakeholders. The Communications Leader develops and supports implementation of a comprehensive communication strategy and provides expertise and support in writing, editing and producing consistent and quality communications content. Works with staff and leaders across the department in the development and strengthening of core communications competencies and works with other members of the VCH Corporate Communications team to ensure consistency in communications strategies, messaging and publications.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or Journalism supplemented with industry-recognized accreditation plus a minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years' recent related experience including development, implementation and evaluation of operational and strategic communications or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Advanced ability to use desktop publishing, graphics, presentation, word processing, spreadsheet, database and web-based software.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
- Uses an understanding of the many diverse audiences and unique challenges faced by the department and health authority to communicate across diverse sites and audiences.
- Applies facilitation and consensus building skills to develop communication strategies and messaging involving a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work and balance multiple activities concurrently, and in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and maximize marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrates creativity, resourcefulness, and an excellent customer service-orientation.
- Uses strong journalistic business writing and editing skills to compose effective communications for a variety of target audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Uses exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills to gather information and work effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Uses advanced computer skills in a variety of software applications and web-based technologies including content management, to develop attractive communications materials.
- Employs the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with skill, tact and diplomacy.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.