WellFort is hiring an Event and Communication Coordinator!
Part-time contract till August 31, 2021. 0.6FTE (22.5hrs/week)
To work with the Peel Food Action Council (PFAC) (with potential to be extended).
Location: Peel Region (temporary remote work)
The Event and Communication Coordinator will work with the Peel Food Action Council (PFAC) on the planning, implementation and evaluation of its first Community Engagement Food Forum scheduled for fall 2021. In addition, the Event and Communication Coordinator will be responsible for managing communications for PFAC in order to increase the profile of the Council's activities, the Peel Food Charter, and raise awareness of food security issues in Peel.
WellFort is a member of the Peel Food Action Council and lead agency supporting the Council's Community Food System Grant from the United Way Greater Toronto
- 2019-2021. Established in 2019, the Peel Food Action Council aims to foster a food system where all residents in Peel are food secure and works to further the vision of the Peel Food Charter through cross-sectoral collaboration. The Council consists of representatives from across the food system, including hunger relief, production, education, environment, health, business, and local government.
PFAC's inaugural Community Engagement Food Forum, planned for Fall 2021, will bring together a wide variety of stakeholders through deliberate outreach and engagement. The forum will launch PFAC's Strategic Plan and create opportunities to network and build relationships across the food system in order to respond to community needs. Dialogues at the forum will include exploring collaborations that would move actions on food access and food security forward.
The Event and Communication Coordinator will work with members of PFAC to coordinate and assume responsibility for all planning, implementation and evaluation related activities for the Community Engagement Food Forum, PFAC's communications efforts, and related activities. The successful candidate will coordinate with council members to ensure consistency between project objectives and deliverables. The Event and Communication Coordinator will report to WellFort's Director, or designate, and PFAC's Chair(s).
Community Engagement Food Forum:
- Leads the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Community Engagement Food Forum project including; managing project scope and all activities, working with assigned budget and timeframe for completing the project, and conducting evaluation to measure the impact of the event and share key lessons learned to inform future planning.
- Working directly with PFAC to ensure project workplan and deliverables are approved including attending and providing updates at relevant council meetings
- Manages all aspects of the event including the forum's agenda, stakeholder engagement, communications and promotion, event logistics, and other associated duties.
- Manages PFAC's communications strategy including; the development of content for PFAC's website, social media accounts, media campaigns and other related communication activities
- Working with PFAC to actively explore creative channels to outreach, engage, and raise awareness as per PFAC's strategy.
- Communicates clearly, listens actively, is open to feedback, handles conflict appropriately, and displays sensitivity to others.
- Collaborates well with others, promotes cooperation and teamwork.
- Participates in WellFort's commitment to becoming discrimination-free and an inclusive health centre that strives to ensure that programs and services are as accessible as possible.
- Works in a manner that respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals.
- Works in a manner that reflects PFAC's and WellFort's mission, vision and values.
- Adheres to all applicable PFAC and WellFort's policies and procedures.
- Support for other activities as required
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience working for a community-based health services or community development organization in either health promotion, community education, community development, food systems, or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years' experience in project planning, implementation and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale event planning is a preferred asset
- Advanced understanding of the determinants of health and social factors, including food security, as well as familiarity with food systems and the food sector.
- Experience in communications support; managing websites, social media platforms, campaign development materials, newsletter development, amongst others. *Experience in website design is a preferred asset.
- Knowledge of Peel's community assets, food sector, networks and political systems.
- Experience in community engagement including engagement with communities and individuals who face barriers accessing food
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and anti-oppression principles
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-stakeholder group
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with diverse stakeholders and managing relationships with high-level stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including presentation skills and group facilitation that meets the needs of the audience being engaged.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office and various social and digital media platforms
- Ability to speak languages relevant to Peel Region is an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort's commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
- Salary: $25/hr
- Forward your resume and cover letter via Isarta
- Deadline of application: January 20th, 2021.
- Quote ?PCO0121? in the subject line
- No phone calls please. Successful candidates will be contacted