Friday, December 11, 2020
WHY WORK AT ROSS VIDEO?
We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results.
If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
If that resonates, and you're someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we'd love to hear from you.
- Technical Writer Job Description
The successful candidate will work closely with product development to design, write, edit and proofread manuals, quick start guides, and other product documentations as they are released. Your focus will be on developing manuals, technical guides, and online documentation for a variety of our platforms
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain consistency across documentation by adhering to the Ross style guides, standards, and workflow procedures.
- Create user-oriented documentation targeting readers of all technical levels.
- Effectively gather information from subject matter experts and deliver resources to share that knowledge across multiple teams.
- Become a subject matter expert for Ross Video products.
- Assist with planning information development projects and communicate any blockers to the management team.
- Accountable for the quality of work delivered for the specific project.
- Act as an occasional trainer for other employees.
- Participate in post mortems reviews, what worked, what didn't, what we can do better.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Excellent attention for detail and a critical mindset.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Self-starter, quick learner and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Passionate about learning new technologies. Experience in software industry or computer networking would be an asset.
- Post-secondary degree in English, Journalism, or related area with experience in technical writing is required.
- 2+ Years of technical writing or directly related experience.
- Working knowledge of word processing, graphics, and desktop publishing programs is required.
- Knowledge of product development lifecycle(s) is desired.
- Experience with collaborative and or iterative development model(s) is desired.
- Knowledge of RoboHelp, FrameMaker, Illustrator, Visio, and MS Word is an asset.
- Knowledge of television production would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of gaming graphic technologies would be considered an asset. WE'RE GROWING FAST
That means we are always looking for better ways to adapt our work environment and processes to meet the high demands of our customers. Our roles morph, we volunteer for extra tasks, we all care a lot about helping good things happen. If you don't like change, you're in the wrong place. But if you do, then you can be part of an incredible journey.
WHY WORK FOR ROSS VIDEO?
Because we can help you flourish. You will get to develop and deliver cutting edge technological solutions for the entertainment industry. You will be part of the Ross Video team working together to make that happen, and we find that a pretty energizing environment to be a part of.
We value our people and listen to their feedback. We also offer great perks, flexible hours, free coffee and soft drinks (and a commercial espresso machine for when you need that extra jolt), team building events, BBQ's, and other fun activities. You'll also get to work on real-world projects that have a meaningful impact to our customers and are in use all over the world, every day.
IN A NUTSHELL
Do you have integrity, commitment, and a drive to get results? Then Ross is the place for you, and we'd like to hear from you.
Pay Type Salary Travel Required No Job Start Date Monday, February 1,