Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies Canada is recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA), located in Markham, ON.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies (JJMDC), a division of Johnson & Johnson Inc., markets and distributes medical device and diagnostic solutions for use in institutional and primary health care settings across Canada. JJMDC focuses on providing minimally invasive treatment options spanning various medical procedures and disease states. Among the products represented by its various business units include; surgical instruments, orthopaedic implants, devices for women's health including breast care, infection prevention, hernia solutions, hemostatic products, cardiovascular and neurovascular diagnostics and treatment.
This SFA role is a unique hybrid opportunity as both the Marketing and Sales Finance lead for the Electrophysiology and Hemorrhagic commercial organization. The SFA leads the creation of profitability analytics and analysis for all RFP's/tenders and proposals along with the business & sales planning, GP analysis, investment prioritization, product lifecycle management and decision support for the commercial organization. It will require engaging business partners using data and analytics to influence and shape business decisions that support both short and long-term strategies.
- Liaise and partner with local commercial, marketing, contracts business partners to complete:
- Tender (RFP), proposal and pricing scenario building and profitability analysis
- Drive value and capabilities for our customer proposals beyond price
- Analyze and provide decision support on regional growth and investment opportunities
- Leveraging customer profitability tool to draw business insights
- Create and analyze forecasts by customer to be leveraged for planning updates and future P&L's
- Partner with the sales organization, analyze and provide decision support on customer investments, customer segmentation, solution strategies and capabilities Provide financial support to the Business Unit
- Commercial Organization driving accountability and action from our business partners to deliver commitments and capture and execute on opportunities including:
- Providing accurate, timely, insightful and meaningful financial analysis to stakeholders helping to proactively identify risks & opportunities, understand & manage P&L variances and managing product life cycle activities
- Active participant and Business Partner in Supply Chain's S&OP process (demand forecast, SLOB, capital and inventory efficiencies, etc.)
- Lead plan update conversations with Business Partners along with templates, submission process' and timing for Sales and GP
- Develop strong business partnerships with cross-functional areas including Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs and Supply Chain to support the business in delivery of financial commitments and execution of business strategies (navigate the matrix).
- Help educate and make better informed decisions with Business Partners to drive value creation for the organization
- Collaborate with Global Services (GS) and BU Center of Excellence (CoE) for month end closing process, including input on business specific reserves, and capital budgeting
- Ensure that the principles and elements of the J&J Credo, business policies, Healthcare Compliance, Regulatory, GAAP, and Sarbanes Oxley are adhered to in all aspects of the job responsibilities Lead special projects and continuous finance initiatives, ad hoc analysis and performance insights
- University degree
- Accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA or CA) or at senior level of program
EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS:
- 2+ years of accounting/finance and business partnering experience
- Excellent communication & business partnering skills including:
- Engage business partners using data and analysis to influence and shape business decisions that support the short and long-term goals
- Proven ability to work with all management levels including VP, adapting style and content to maximize impact
- Take ownership, apply business and financial knowledge to challenge assumptions, anticipate issues, recommend solutions and influence outcomes.
- Cultivate productive relationships, encourage collaboration, create effective solutions.
- Utilize knowledge of organizational drivers, dynamics, interdependencies, and informal networks to influence appropriate business decisions.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to bring clarity to complex business issues, with proven success in managing complex projects & processes.
- Challenge the status quo and adapt to change, take advantage of opportunities to have a positive impact.
- Value teamwork, foster an environment that encourages diverse perspectives, sharing of ideas and best practices.
- Applies strong finance, accounting and compliance knowledge to influence business decisions and process improvements.
- Anticipate and manage competing and changing priorities; recommend trade-offs.
- Demonstrate work life balance; solicit feedback on organizational health and implement improvements; remove barriers to success
- Working knowledge of SAP / TM1 an asset
- High level of aptitude for learning financial systems
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)