COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER WITH STRONG WRITING AND BRANDING SKILLS
Sherpa is looking to hire an innovative Communications Officer with strong branding, copy and content writing skills to join our team and help us reposition our company to face the current shifts in the international trade show and meetings industry. You will build and execute our communications and branding strategy, drive compelling messages to our audiences, write and disseminate sales and marketing material, and coordinate promotional events.
TO SUCCEED AS A SHERPA COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER, YOU MUST:
- be innovative and able to think outside the box,
- be a strategic thinker and a trendsetter,
- be organized, a self-starter and a go-getter,
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- have a solid copy and content writing experience (English),
- be meticulous and pay attention to details,
- be able to run multiple projects and meet tight deadlines,
- thrive in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment,
- have experience in rebranding, relaunching a company, or with start-ups.
- Collaborate with the CEO, VP of marketing, and the sales team to develop and implement effective communications strategies based on competitive research, our objectives, and on our target audiences to reposition and relaunch the Sherpa brand.
- Write, edit and publish content for our website, portals, webinars, tutorials, press releases, white papers, case studies, reports, and other sales and marketing material (original text, images, video, charts, etc.)
- Research, write, and edit some more.
- Contribute to competition, industry and communications trends watch.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with media and maintain a database of media contacts, awards, sponsorship and, industry events opportunities.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of Sherpa and improve our communications and, branding strategies.
- Optimize and manage Sherpa’s social media profile and presence and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics (ROI and SEO).
- Coordinate sponsorships, advertising, and participation in industry events.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in a communications role.
- Proven experience in rebranding, relaunch, or start-ups.
- Proven experience in content marketing.
- Exceptional copy and content writing skills (in English).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in social media platforms.
- Proficiency in SEO.
- Proficiency in content management systems and desktop publishing software is a plus.
- Proficiency in French is a strong asset.
Sherpa is the first provider in the world for the international conference and trade show industry. We specialize in the development of platforms for mobile applications for the largest and most demanding conferences and tradeshows in the US, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. We also develop many related products: analytics platforms, indoor geolocation services, NFC applications, exhibitor portals, social interaction modules, and AI-generated recommendations modules.
COVID-19 will change the face of international conventions and trade shows forever. This is an opportunity for Sherpa to prove its leadership and help our clients turn this situation into an opportunity. This is an exciting challenge and we hope you’re up for it!
WHY JOIN SHERPA:
- Because we are among those who define the new trends in our industry.
- Our projects and clients are really exciting, our teams and work environment are stimulating, dynamic, and casual.
- Because we constantly strive to improve our products and we’re always starting new projects that expand the boundaries.
- We offer a lot of flexibility and a great benefits package.
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience and track record.
- Our team is one of the best and you will love being part of it!
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE A PLACE WHERE YOU’LL THRIVE, WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU AND SEE YOUR PORTFOLIO!
Please note that we will contact only the candidates who are selected for an interview. Thank you for your understanding.