DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
This is an exciting opportunity to continue your development using various online platforms and tools in a strategically driven Communications department. This role is an integral part of the Communications team and provides support in various areas of corporate communications, social media, employee communications, and public relations.
Closing Date: August 21, 2020
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Communications and Corporate Affairs
Location: 1250 Lonsdale
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE ARE:
- Provides BlueShore with advice and serves as a legal point of contact for various departments within the business. Assists the Executive Leadership Team and employees in identifying legal issues and risks to ensure the correct determination of actions to be taken.
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates various types of contracts, including service agreements, various treasury agreements, partnership and joint venture agreements, and technology licensing agreements. Advises on existing contractual arrangements and questions on contract interpretation.
- Prepares legal documentation, precedents and revisions to loan agreements and security documents.
- Witnesses various real estate documents, prepares and assists in negotiations of leases on all of BlueShore's properties.
- Assists with the Corporate Governance and the Board of Directors in providing legal advice on various resolutions and agreements. Attends the Annual General Meeting as the legal representative, as well as board committee meetings and management committee meetings as required.
- Advises on corporate structure and works with outside counsel in coordinating annual filings and corporate records for subsidiaries.
- Coordinates with outside counsel when additional legal support is required in complex business matters.
- Ensures compliance with and maintains current knowledge of relevant laws and regulations applicable to BC credit unions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing or Communications
- One to four years directly related relevant experience in communications and social media
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of technology, search engines, and new trends
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms (including paid digital advertising)
- Experience in working with social media scheduling, listening and reporting tools such and social media monitoring and scheduling tools including Hootsuite and Sprout Social
- Experience in social media analytics and how to interpret results to take action
- Highly proficient with social platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with sound working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience with video creation an asset
WHAT CAN BLUESHORE FINANCIAL CAN DO FOR YOU?
- A Performance Rewards Program which pays a variable cash reward recognizing the achievement of corporate, team and individual goals
- Limitless career progression opportunities.
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, pension, flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
- Opportunity to work in a world class, award winning organization.
WHAT BLUESHORE FINANCIAL NEEDS FROM YOU:
- Accountability, in all directions.
- ?Can do? attitude.
- The drive to provide a premium level of service regardless of location or position.
- Professional appearance and manner
Be Richly Valued. At BlueShore Financial, our employees are as important as our clients. We strive to create a workplace culture of openness, empowerment, trust and passion. Our values unite our organization and are our guiding compass. But it is our exceptional staff that bring our corporate values to life. They are passionate about delivering exceptional client service and a banking experience that promises to impress. And this level of engagement shows. We've been formally recognized making Aon's "Best Employer in Canada" list nine years in a row and as one of "Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures" in Canada by Waterstone Human Capital.
From the moment you walk into one of our Financial Spas?, you'll know you've arrived at a special place, where all the elements work together to stimulate the senses and create a distinctive atmosphere unlike any financial institution you've experienced. We embrace the west coast lifestyle, while providing a premium and sophisticated experience for our clients and employees. You may not recognize us, but we've been serving the lower mainland for over 75 years! But this isn't the Credit Union of your childhood. We're different and better.
Got awards? At BlueShore Financial we are constantly innovating, connecting and improving to deliver exceptional client and employee experiences. As a result, we have grown to become an award winning organization, garnering both local and national attention for our progressive practices.