WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
In this role as Senior Manager, Personal and Commercial Banking (P&CB) Communications you will develop and execute effective internal and external communications strategies that support the business objectives of P&CB, as well as enhance and protect RBC's brand. You will materially contribute to the success of business strategies through the development and execution of strategic, multi-stakeholder communications for P&CB by proactively identifying, sourcing and delivering opportunities to highlight business developments. You will also support P&CB's Group Head and senior leaders with strategic communications plans, strategies and tactics to address transformational/change initiatives, thought leadership and employee engagement opportunities.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Responsible for management of communication channels (P&CBnet, P&CB Connect, email, town halls)
- including enhancements and overall design & function
- Responsible for Group Head video development & production, along with advice and counsel for Operating Committee video programs
- Support Group Head internal and external communications
- with overall responsibility for Group Head Connect and LinkedIn profiles, and support for ongoing communications
- Liaise with partners, responsible for strengthening relationships with business and functional partners to ensure all communications are aligned & increase awareness of and engagement in corporate
- Assess communications effectiveness for the purpose of continual improvement
- specifically lead annual P&CB Employee Communications Survey
- Support the Director of Communications with planning and strategy development
- Contribute to success of Brand & Communications' goals
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Undergraduate degree/post-graduate certificate or equivalent in communications, public relations, journalism, English or related field
- 5+ years of communications experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Extensive experience in internal communications planning and strategy
- Ability to meet consistently high standards of quality while handling a variety of projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Comprehensive experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders and/or executives
- Deadline-driven and results-oriented, strong project management knowledge and time management capabilities
- Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills; able to work across functions and businesses
- Experience in financial services
- Ability to facilitate between and influence executives and key decision makers
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Address: 88 Queens Quay West
- WaterPark Place
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 08/14/2020
Platform: Chief Administration Office
Req ID: 262816