Our Corporate Headquarters, located in Richmond Hill, is looking for an Intern to work in our Corporate Communications Department starting August 2020 for a 12 month tenure. As a member of our Corporate Communications team, you will be responsible for ensuring BMW Group Canada operations, activities and brands receive maximum positive media attention. You will also ensure that the corporate reputation of BMW Group Canada is protected and advanced by promoting the company as a sound attractive business and responsible corporate citizen to investors, influencers and the general public, and that BMW Group Canada management and staff along with worldwide BMW associates are informed about the company, its brands and activities.
Specific duties also include but are not limited to:
- Compile relevant news articles and create and distribute internal Daily Articles of Interest
- Manage and maintain various online databases (press coverage, press quotes, media tracking)
- Draft press releases, draft articles for monthly and/or weekly BMW Group Canada internal associate newsletters
- Assist with press fleet on a daily basis (vehicle delivery to journalists, distribute vehicle specifications for all bookings, assist with seasonal tire change over, vehicle movement as required)
- Draft quarterly media monitoring reports
- Assist with various Corporate Communications initiatives and events as required
- To be successful in this role, you must possess a background in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or Communications, with superior written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are mandatory with working proficiency in basic data analytics.
- The ideal candidate will be capable of managing multiple tasks and deadlines, while maintaining a high level of detail.
- You must be a team player who shows initiative, is a self starter and has an interest in the automotive industry.
- Bilingual English/French is an asset.
- Own transportation and a valid driver's license, with the ability to drive standard transmission, is preferred.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
BMW Group Canada is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. BMW Group Canada does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law.