Executive Director, Communications - EXE001003
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
: SK--Regina and Area-Regina
: 037 Advanced Education
Salary Range- $9,019 - $11,724 Monthly
The Ministry of Advanced Education is seeking a dynamic, strategic leader for the permanent full-time position of Executive Director of Strategic Communications. As a member of the Ministry's senior executive team, you will lead a team of professionals responsible for a range of core communications services for the Ministry of Advanced Education, Innovation Saskatchewan and the Status of Women Office. You will set the direction and guide the strategy of the communication function, including allocating the operating budget.
Reporting to the Deputy Minister, the successful candidate will:
- Develop and manage the Ministry's annual communications plan, ensuring that communications activities are aligned with the Ministry's key strategic directions;
- Provide strategic communications advice to the Minister, Deputy Minister and senior management teams on items supporting proactive issues management, stakeholder relations and advancing Ministry and government direction;
- Design and implement communication activities intended to both influence and communicate Ministry business priorities to internal and external stakeholders;
- Provide oversight for operational activities such as Ministry advertising, media placement, media relations and stakeholder relations;
- Lead a team of communication professionals in developing, implementing and evaluating communication strategies and tools, and
- Provide comprehensive and strategic communication services to the Status of Women Office and Innovation Saskatchewan.
In order to be successful in the role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of government structure, protocol, policies and procedures including decision making, political and legislative processes;
- Knowledge, understanding and application of strategic communication and media relations;
- Knowledge of strategic communication principles, theories, tools and vehicles, including media relations strategies and practices;
- A proven ability to lead and collaborate, with a reputation for integrity and a focus on service excellence and innovation;
- Experience in business planning, continuous improvement, accountability processes and risk management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- The ability to think critically and view issues and challenges from multiple perspectives.
Typically, the knowledge and competencies for this position would be acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in journalism, communications or related field of study, supplemented with several years of management and leadership experience in strategic communications planning, internal communications, change management and media relations.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Hours of Work: M - Monthly Out of Scope
Number of Openings
: Aug 12, 2020, 1:59:00 AM