The Arctic Winter Games (?the Games) is an international biennial celebration of circumpolar sports and Indigenous culture. Taking place in Wood Buffalo from March 6-12, 2022, the Games will highlight the region and our culture through the spirit of sport to an international audience and visitors from around the world. The week-long event will see athletes from our own backyard and from international circumpolar North regions during their time to shine.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Marketing, Communications and Promotions (MCP), the Program Manager, Marketing & Communications will support the overall MCP strategy for the Games.
The MCP team is responsible for more than just the look and feel of the Games, this hardworking team provides the community, athletes, visitors and spectators with an overall experience that they will never forget. Working in a dynamic fast-paced environment, MCP is responsible for branding and promoting the event through unique campaigns, modern merchandise and premier recognition opportunities.
The Program Manager, Marketing & Communications role will support with the following MCP projects:
- Overseeing social media monitoring/customer service inquiries
- Planning social media content and managing content schedule
- Website content development, copying writing and website project management
- Managing advertising contracts and supporting department with copy development
- Overseeing graphic design and creative direction for campaign projects
- High-level key messaging development and professional writing support
- Campaign based marketing and communications planning
- Lead proof reading and writing projects
- Overseeing influencer campaign and activation
- Managing photography and videography games records plans
- Leading email marketing and newsletter planning
- Oversee budgetary divisionary spend for marketing and communications projects
- Managing portfolio's divisionary volunteer workforce
Employees of Games will work closely with volunteers including the Board of Directors and Committee Chairs.
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Business Administration or other related discipline is required.
- ICS 100, Basic Emergency Management, WHMIS, Emergency First Aid, AED, Fire Extinguisher, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Naloxone Training.
- Minimum three (3) years of marketing and communications role.
- Professional social media management and creation experience.
- Branding and design coordination in a professional setting.
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) and/or International Association of Public Participation (IAP2) certification is considered an asset.
- Approved Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check required
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Work, or volunteer experience within a multi-sport games considered an asset.
You will possess the following:
- Proficiency in Canadian Press Style writing guidelines and excellent copy writing skills for targeted audiences.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, leaders, and external contacts.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written, and the ability to accurately record information, and advise and inform others clearly.
- Demonstrated ability in handling a fast paced and varied workload in a flexible manner.
- Must be a self-starter able to work with minimum supervision and direction.
- A high proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A valid class 5 Alberta Operator's License is required as incumbent will be required to operate a personal or municipal vehicle for business on a regular basis.