- Development and execution of marketing strategy for the following initiatives:
- Evolution of the LGM brand and private label product, website, corporate positioning
- Development and execution of LGM annual charity campaign
- Strategies to increase business to consumer product awareness
- Develop channel strategies to support the multichannel consumer
- Market segmentation and consumer profiling to better understand needs and identify market opportunities
- Enhancement of digital presence, LGM and partners
- Advertising, online and offline, for LGM and partners
- Events and sponsorships
- Drive internal and external participation and engagement for marketing initiatives
- Creates, leads and mentors a highly engaged team within the organization (5-10 employees). Identifies opportunities for growth and development. Creates an innovative thinking culture.
- In conjunction with team directs, support sales team with business development strategies, execute communication and promotional materials including proposals, brochures and PowerPoint presentations
- Gathers and analyzes market data on competitive intelligence, B2B customer and consumers, new marketing approaches, channel and digital strategies to ensure sales enablement.
- Develop and execute annual plan to position LGM as the F&I expert in the Canadian automotive industry
- Develop and execute annual internal corporate communications plan
- Oversee internal and external company events
- Develop and manage corporate marketing and communications budgets
- Collaborate with Creative Services team to produce marketing collateral in accordance with brand standards
- Work closely and lead as necessary, cross-functional teams to ensure consistent messaging and coordination of efforts across all outreach activities
- Consistently review and improve departmental workflow processes
- Negotiate and review contracts and agreements with all partners
- Determine and report out KPIs and the status of marketing programs and initiatives to senior management
- Disseminate awareness of new marketing initiatives to all staff
A business unit leader that demonstrates well developed leadership capabilities, contributing to the achievement of group objectives. Works effectively as a contributor in cross functional teams.
- Leads with emotional control, agility and influence through expressing a wide spectrum of emotions to suit the environment they are within, in order to build commitment.
- Creates a high performance culture throughout the organization with imbedded urgency and accountability to achieve results while preserving core values and enthusiasm from the employees.
- Expressing and transmitting meaningful information with consistency and clarity, using active listening techniques in order to promote increased understanding.
- Applies standard coaching methodology that help individuals self-identify their opportunities for change, make decisions within their scope of authority, and pursue a plan of action to achieve business results.
- Fosters a high performing culture where leaders work well together toward a common vision, while positively and respectfully challenging each other to do their best work across the business building effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Facilitates the right teams, with the right skills, and working cooperatively and effectively toward a common goal.
- Commits to new approaches ahead of emerging opportunities and successfully removes obstacles to ensure the organization remains nimble and responsive to change.
- Anticipates and plans for future events and opportunities including competitive realities to create clarity in direction for how our vision is to be achieved.
- Demonstrated success developing marketing strategy, execution and implementation
- Excellent understanding and familiarity of brand building and brand management
- Experience in supporting product launches
- Demonstrated success in developing, executing and managing channel marketing strategies, in both B2B and B2C
- Expertise in managing consumer research and market/customer analytics
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital marketing techniques, technologies and solutions, with hands-on experience with search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising and other Web-focused initiatives
- Proven communications background; internal, external and crisis communications
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including writing, editing and proofreading across all mediums (print, web, social, speeches, presentations etc.)
- Ability to develop and execute on effective and creative internal/external communications plans
- Understanding of content generation and strategy to create demand
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with internal and external partners; comfortable preparing and presenting to executive level
- Demonstrated success managing and developing direct reports
- Proven ability to work with & influence cross-functional departments
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
- Excellent organizational, planning, influence and follow-up skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Proficient in designing and managing operating budgets at a functional level
- Post-secondary degree in communications, marketing, business administration or related discipline
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation essential or willingness to enrol
- 10+ years of direct work experience in a marketing/communications management capacity
- Corporate communications leadership experience