Vendasta is looking for an experienced SaaS marketing director to lead our organization's content marketing initiatives and establish a well-oiled, world-class team.
This role involves developing strategies to strengthen the company's presence through content marketing tactics, as well as helping us find a voice that will resonate with agencies and other local resellers. Our competitors are industry heavyweights, and we need someone with a proven track record of creating analytics-driven content to dominate search results and generate significant ROI.
Serving as an integral member of the marketing team, the Director of Content Marketing will be responsible for creating a first-class communications plan for Vendasta in order to promote, enhance, and strengthen the organization's messaging. He or she will be responsible for a broad range of marketing activities related to the acquisition, activation, and retention of new partners through building a high-performing team of copywriters, videographers, designers, and more.
Vision, Strategy, and Leadership
- Create and execute an effective content marketing strategy that generates significant organic traffic and converts that traffic into qualified leads, new signups, and closed deals.
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing and communications plan to broaden awareness of Vendasta's solutions and increase visibility among agencies and other local resellers.
- Identify challenges faced by the organization, work with the leadership team to recognize internal and external marketing and communications opportunities and solutions, and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Serve as marketing and communications subject matter expert, both internally and to broader associations and industry experts. Team Development and Management
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the marketing team's content & communications department, including budgeting, planning, and staff development.
- Recruit and manage appropriate marketing and communications team members to support the development and execution of our inbound marketing strategy.
- Conduct developmental editing, copyediting, and proofreading to provide ongoing feedback to members of the content team.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 8 years experience in a senior management role with experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of digital marketing content, preferably at another SaaS company.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required; advanced degree is preferred
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic marketing, media relations, and communications programs to advance an organization's mission and goals..
- Thorough understanding of SEO and content marketing. Inbound marketing certification through HubSpot or similar organizations a plus.
- Innovative thinker with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action, roadmaps, plans, and output.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of content marketers, copywriters, videographers, designers, etc.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Energetic, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.