Rocky View Schools (RVS) serves the educational needs of over 25,000 students within 54 diverse schools. As the fifth largest school jurisdiction in Alberta, RVS balances the development of learner competencies with an ongoing emphasis on literacy and numeracy. We believe all learners deserve to have their needs met through learning communities that value inclusion, diversity, compassion and fairness. In RVS, the best interest of students is at the center of every decision.
RVS is seeking an outstanding professional for a continuing, full-time (35 hrs/week) Senior Communications Officer at the Education Centre located in Airdrie, AB. The Senior Communications Officer assists in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of communication programs, in order to increase understanding and support of the Division's purposes and objectives by the public.
- Provides strategic communications support to the Senior Executive Team and Board in various disciplines including internal, community, government, and media relations, reputation and issues management, crisis communication, and emergency response
- Coordinates the information flow with all parts of the organization to ensure consistency and accuracy of messages to the community and directs preparation, release and distribution of internal and external communication as necessary
- Researches, writes and edits public information vehicles for jurisdiction (i.e., staff and community newsletters, press releases, public service announcements, fact sheets, personnel biographies, speeches, website content, feature articles, event listings, and proposals) including social media and oral presentations
- Prioritizes/schedules projects and evaluates outcomes in collaboration with the Communications department
- Develops suggested procedures concerning communication and media access working with the Director of Communications
- Embraces and models the use of contemporary and/or emerging technologies within RVS, while understanding and efficiently utilizing technologies within the Communications department
- Degree in communication (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Eight or more years of related experience in communications preferably across multiple areas of focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced technical skills in Adobe Creative Suite and Office 365
- Keen attention to detail, and ability to organize various facets of information and deliver effective communication
- Ability to apply sound techniques and experience in various communication mediums, while open to new ideas
- Advanced organization, prioritization, and time management
- Ability to think critically and deal effectively with changing priorities
The successful candidate must submit a current Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check. Please submit your cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references, quoting Job Code #2841878 on or before June 5, 2020. As part of your application package, we ask that you include two samples of your writing. Both published and unpublished works are acceptable. We request all applications be placed through https://rockyview.simplication.com.
Rocky View Schools
We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be contacted via email or by phone for an interview. Please ensure your online profile information is up to date so there is no delay in contacting you.