Requisition ID: 86901
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Scotiabank's Strategic Projects & Communications team provides consulting and develops strategy and business plans across geographies and business lines for Employee IT Services. We are instrumental in driving the employee automation strategy, as well as providing operational, business and providing Communications & Change Strategy for Global Technology Services (GTS). Working with our partners we are striving to create a Global framework to standardize tools, process and technology for employees that would result in a common Global Program. We are focused on creating solutions that generate efficiencies, improve productivity for our employees and staff while keeping the Customer Experience top of mind.
Reporting to the Director
- Communications, Reporting & Strategy, you will be responsible Design, Plan & Execution of Communications strategy for Global Technical Services across all lines of business. by ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives.
The primary work location of this position will be in the King West/Bathurst Street neighbourhood, with regular travel to the downtown Toronto core and our Scarborough IT campus. Alternate work location could be at our Scarborough campus with regular travel to our King West and downtown locations. Regardless of work location, you will be working with colleagues and constituents across the Scotiabank footprint. Collaboration technologies such as Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Skype for Business will be at your disposal to connect with Scotiabankers around the globe.
IS THIS ROLE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- You work alongside the Director Strategic Projects & Communications to develop and implement global communication strategies to support targeted initiatives while focusing on employee engagement, corporate strategies, and priorities for GTS.
- You can utilize a diversified communication approach to increase effectiveness of messaging across the group. This includes: 1) managing the creation and distribution of communication messages across appropriate communication channels and multimedia sites; 2) maintaining and curating multimedia sites in three support languages with relevant information; & 4) establishing a communications dashboard to assess and report on effectiveness of strategy.
- You will develop events, activities, and communications leveraging tools and solutions that support effective people engagement from end to end (e.g., Town Hall, People Events, Lunch and Learn, Recognition Campaigns, etc.)
- You understand the priorities in GTS and the impact on the business/employees. Manage the overall communications strategy and execute on plan
- monitor effectiveness and amend accordingly.
- You will effectively manage and supervise staff by setting performance expectations, monitoring performance, providing performance feedback including the preparation of performance appraisals, and as needed, providing counsel and coaching. This also includes assisting in the recruitment of qualified communications staff.
- You champion a high-performance environment, with a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and contributes to an inclusive work environment
DO YOU HAVE THE SKILLS THAT WILL ENABLE YOU TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE?
- You have strong communication (verbal/written) skills in English. The same in Spanish and/or French is an asset.
- You can demonstrate the ability to coach and lead individuals, as well as a team of individual contributors.
- You have at least 1+ year of hands-on working experience in a communications role for an executive level audience at a medium- to large-sized company; and can demonstrate an ease in articulating and interacting with them.
- You can demonstrate social media working experience to create blogs, micro-sites, etc...
- You also have at least 1+ year of hands-on working experience with the effective change management of technology processes, adoption of technology tools, etc...
- You have at least 1+ year of demonstrated working experience in leading change and making an impact in multinational & cross-functional groups, through influence and strong relationships.
- You possess effective execution skills to ensure the successful delivery/implementation of the change management strategy.
- Your body of work includes presentation (using Excel & Powerpoint, collaboration tools) and strong facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- You have a good sense of self awareness and personal presence.
- You can work in a fast-paced environment where you will deal with tight deadlines, solve complex problems, and often balance conflicting priorities.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- While our focus is on finding the right communications professional, you will have the opportunity grow both your technology knowledge, project management and leadership skills. You will be part of management team that is dedicated to delivering business value by evolving the organization and implementing innovative cutting-edge technologies.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
King West/Bathurst worksite:
- Location is located steps from TTC's King 504 streetcar stop, which gets you from TTC's Line 1 subway stops at King or St. Andrew stations, and its connection to GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station.
- This location is also located steps from TTC's 511 Bathurst streetcar stop, which is a transfer point from TTC's Line 2 subway stop at Bathurst station.
- If you really want to drive to work, it's minutes away from the Gardiner Expressway / Lakeshore Boulevard West.
- You have card access to The Commons, a dining space at Scotia Plaza for employees where breakfast & lunch are served. Also, The Bean serves hot/cold beverages & snacks.
- Our location has a lunch room with TV screens, fridges, microwaves & vending machines. It's also in a dynamic & flourishing neighbourhood that is home to many nearby top Toronto restaurants/bars & fast-food options. Nearby amenities include a running club, florist, pharmacy, convenience stores, supermarket, LCBO, coffee shops.
Birchmount Road/Eglinton East worksite:
- This location is freshly renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology. Onsite cafeteria plus complimentary hot beverage stations in the workplace.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2. Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations. Sept. 2021 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit. Birchmount is a stop on this route.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.