Access Full Position Posting
The Events & Communication Coordinator supports the Director, Career Development Centre and coordinates all CDC events including Annual Career Fairs, Recruitment Roundtable, MBA Bootcamp Events, and several networking events throughout the academic year. This position coordinates the communication for both student and corporate clients such as newsletters and several email notifications. The Events & Communication Coordinator also assists in financial processes and supports the Director on all budgetary issues.
College Diploma in a relevant field (e.g. event planning, marketing or communication) or an equivalent of 2 years recent experience (defined as within the last three years) working at York University and performing the same or similar tasks. This education equivalency is in addition to the experiential requirements outlined below.
Two (2) years of directly related recent related work experience in event coordination, marketing, communication, preferably in an industry/work area related to recruitment.
- Demonstrated skill /ability in the following areas: advanced proficiency in word processing (Word).
- Intermediate proficiency in computerized spreadsheet skills (Excel) and PowerPoint, budgeting skills, website searches, working knowledge of Lotus Notes, database maintenance.
- Excellent oral communication skills to elicit accurate information and answer detailed inquiries in a clear and concise manner.
- Good written communication skills. Attending accurately to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills. exercising tact and diplomacy.
- Working effectively under pressure of high volume and constantly changing priorities. Good organizational skills.
- including setting priorities and meeting deadlines. maintaining files and records. exercising initiative and good judgment. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Excellent attendance and punctuality are essential for this position.This position requires the candidate to produce a verification of degree(s), credentials(s), or equivalencies from accredited institutions and/or international equivalents at the time of interview. Hours of work: 8:30 am
- 4:30 pm Monday
- Friday. Requests to work overtime occur during peak periods. Peak periods: September, October, January, February, and March. Vacation restriction: During the peak periods of September, October, January, February, and March.
Access Full Position Posting
In order to be considered as an internal applicant, York University employees in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit must apply for jobs through the Employee Career Portal
- YU Hire.
If you are a current York University employee in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit and/or are using your job posting rights under the collective agreement to apply for jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
As per Article 12.02(f) of the YUSA-1 Collective Agreement, to be considered an internal applicant, employees in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit must submit the application 5 working days following the first day of posting. this is referred to as the 'Posted Date' on the job the posting. This applies to YUSA-1 internal and YUSA-1 Concurrent postings. Please refer to the 'Posting Intent' on the job posting.
If not filled by an employee in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit, employees in the YUSA-2 bargaining unit who have applied within the first 5 days from the 'Posted Date' will be given preference.
The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), aboriginal (Indigenous) persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. York University is committed to a positive, supportive and inclusive environment.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.
York University employees must apply to jobs through the Employee Career Portal
- YU Hire. If you are a current York University employee and/or are using your rights under a collective agreement to view and/or apply to jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must be received by 11:55 pm EST on the posted deadline date, if applicable.