We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We're proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We're looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
TC Energy is seeking a Marketing Representative to join our Canada Gas Commercial team, reporting in through the Director of Marketing. You will play a critical role in all aspects of identifying, evaluating and advancing commercial solutions to support the continued enhancement of NGTL's transportation services and the optimization of NGTL assets. Your responsibilities will include developing and managing relationships with customers, industry stakeholders, and internal groups to facilitate solutions for new and existing transportation service requirements. Your success in this role requires an ability to think strategically, identify commercial opportunities, efficiently develop solutions to complex problems in a collaborative manner, and coordinate and negotiate with stakeholders to achieve win-win solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Position TC Energy as the pipeline company of choice for customers and the preferred transportation provider for gas in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin by strategically managing customer transportation accounts, effectively resolving issues related to transportation service, and developing effective relationships with customer representatives
- Manage the development of commercial solutions to meet customer transportation service requirements from inception through the regulatory process
- Obtain comprehensive knowledge of business drivers and priorities of our business partners, competitors and shippers to inform TC Energy in the development of NGTL strategies
- Understand TC Energy's commercial and corporate strategy initiatives, and support customers' engagement to enable successful implementation
- Perform analytical assessments to support development of business proposals and recommendations
- Market and negotiate with customers to meet their transportation service requirements
- This position may involve interaction with customers located outside of Calgary, and occasional business travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Management, Economics or Engineering
- Minimum 6 to 10 years industry experience
- Demonstrated commercial negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to establish effective and relevant relationships with customers and internal stakeholders to achieve business goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional teams to identify, develop and implement business opportunities
- Demonstrated team player
- Familiarity with Canadian pipeline systems and transportation services
- Understanding of supply and market fundamentals in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin
- Demonstrated business acumen, including a strong understanding of key business issues for natural gas producers, markets and storage
- Working knowledge of the NGTL, Foothills and Canadian Mainline Systems, existing Tariff services, natural gas markets, and an ability to make service recommendations based on customer needs
About our business
Our 57,500-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America
- the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent's growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 05/29/2020 using reference code 69041. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
- Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting via Isarta.