Handles conceptualization and design of e-Learning resources. Produces a wide variety of online media and pedagogical documents using different techniques, software applications and equipment. Designs and develops graphic user interfaces for online educational delivery.
- Produces different types of presentation and promotional resources such as PDF documents, ebooks, videos, exhibition panels, information booths and display cases.
- Provides a full range of web and graphic design services including professional photographic services.
- Understands client requirements and advises clients on the best approaches to achieve their objectives.
- Evaluates production costs and timelines constraints and advises clients on any changes that may be required to enhance the design and quality of their project.
- Works closely with the eLearning team to bring projects to a successful conclusion.
- Ensures that all multimedia assets have the proper level of accessibility required by AODA and adhere to copyright guidelines
Education and Experience:
Minimum 3-year Diploma or Degree with a combination of Graphic/Web Design, Information/Educational Technologies.
Minimum of 5 years' experience in graphic design in complex print- and web-based environments, preferably in an educational environment. Relevant experience with digital photography methods and techniques.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of graphic design, multimedia video and publication applications
- Proficiency in web page design and development, including knowledge of HTMLXHTML
- Knowledge of Mac and Windows operating systems
- Ability to work both independently and within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to establish priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good communication skills
Physical/Work Environmental Essential Requirements:
Normal office environment
- Remote work. Must be able to work from a remote location.
Salary and Terms
Support Group: Pay Band ?J?
Hours per week: 40
Start Rate: $33.06, + 6% vacation pay
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: 6-month term contract
Posted Date: May 15, 2020
Closing Date: May 22, 2020 (4:00pm) for first consideration, position may remain open until filled.
How To Apply: Send your Cover Letter & Resume in ONE document, using ?LastName, FirstName? via Isarta, quoting the Competition Number and position in the Subject line: SUPP-EXT-PT-20/21-09
- Multimedia Graphic Designer
THIS IS A TERM BARGAINING UNIT POSITION
This competition will be processed in accordance with College policy, the Academic and Support Staff Collective Agreements. In addition to comparing candidates' qualifications and experience to the listed technical skills, education, work experience, and personal characteristics (values, attitudes, motivation, and performance), the seniority of Bargaining Unit members will be considered. If the search extends beyond the Bargaining Unit, consideration will be given to accumulated service with the College.
The College is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self-identify. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities on request, prior to the assessment phase. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact via Isarta and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.