This position is responsible for overseeing the marketing and graphic design unit in the department and is focused on enhancing the university's reputation through brand awareness and marketing programs that align with the university's Strategic Integrated Plan. Broad areas of focus include recruitment, teaching, research and community engagement.
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
- A track record of implementing major national multi-channel marketing campaigns that met or exceeded stated measurable goals.
- Experience conducting and directing marketing research.
- Experience developing financial models for marketing programs and campaigns.
- Experience sourcing and managing agency partners.
- Demonstrated experience building and managing teams and vendor relationships.
- Experience managing advertisement campaigns, including appropriate targeting, offers and messages; executing campaigns via online and traditional channels; and tracking response rates, conversion rates and ROI.
- An ability to think strategically and align different institutional objectives with the university brand.
- Experience writing and editing in a variety of formats, including print and social media.
- Strong understanding of industry standard advertising and web site performance analytics.
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and manage stressful situations in a positive, solution-oriented way.
- Ability to oversee and execute multiple projects simultaneously while working effectively under the pressure of last-minute deadlines and changing priorities.
- A willingness to assist with routine and last-minute projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The above is normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree in marketing and communications or a similar concentration. A master's degree in a marketing-related field is preferred. This along with 10 or more years of integrated marketing experience at a complex institution with a customer-focused, multi-stakeholder communications