Please Note: This competition is limited to current, salaried NAIT staff.
One of Alberta's Top Employers for a ninth consecutive year, NAIT offers a wealth of personal and family health and well-being benefits, training and development opportunities to support the professional growth of our staff, access to recreational and leisure facilities, a welcoming and inclusive environment unrivaled in engagement and dynamism, and co-workers who are collaborative, respectful and supportive.
The Director of Marketing and Brand is an integral part of NAIT's leadership of Marketing & Communications, creating and implementing innovative marketing and brand strategies aligned with NAIT's vision and strategic direction. The position co-creates and executes transformation plans that ensure marketing adopts new practices, data analysis techniques and technologies to meet NAIT's targets to recruit and retain students and to create pathways to life-long learning. Their knowledge of industry partnerships and applied research at NAIT make them a perfect fit for this award-winning team. The Director provides leadership, management, planning and oversees a professional staff of approximately 15, with oversight of non-staff and staff budgets. A big picture thinker, who is able to prioritize quickly and ensure teams remain motivated under pressure is the person who will succeed in this role.
- Provides leadership and oversight to NAIT's recruitment and brand campaigns through strategic planning and measurement of progress
- Plans and implements research (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Directs and oversees B2B and B2C marketing initiatives
- Collaborates with Advancement in support of fundraising, sponsorships and alumni relations
- Presents to the Board and Executive, along with NAIT leadership, to ensure Marketing initiatives are endorsed and fully supported
- Manages budgets, including financial sustainability measures
- Key member of Emergency Response Communications team
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Solid experience working with all levels of an organization
- B2B and B2C marketing, Google Analytics, Google 360 and programmatic marketing knowledge
- Agile marketing knowledge
- Strategy development and implementation, with strong project management skills
- Content marketing and diverse writing skills
- Superior knowledge of budget processes, forecasting and planning savings
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Relevant post-secondary education, e.g. business or marketing degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a management position
Renumeration: Salary commensurate with education and experience + a comprehensive benefits package.
This competition is limited to current salaried NAIT staff.
While we would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the assignment, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.