Email Marketing Specialist - (2000009X)
Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you're an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team
- employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions
- as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
We're looking for an Email Marketing Specialist in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada.
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for coordinating and building the promotional emails globally for Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers and it's brands. This position will support the go-to market digital strategy and work alongside the other email marketing specialists to align efforts, collaborate and execute marketing automation efforts. These efforts include maintaining email calendars and schedules designated brands, building and executing email campaigns, continuous testing and optimization, list segmentation, campaign setup, proofing, data analytics and ad-hoc projects.
Additional responsibilities include collaborating with email service provider(s), campaign workflow management and working cross functionally with creative/production, marketing/media, field marketing, customer service and operations to ensure alignment across all stakeholders.
IN THIS ROLE YOU'LL:
- Manage email campaigns, including development of email content, creatives and emails; manage review process and signoff; proofing and post campaign data analysis. High-touch collaboration with creative, marketing/media and field marketing teams to ensure email marketing campaigns are effectively supporting the business.
- Responsible for building audiences, managing list hygiene and leveraging data within the customer file to drive dynamic content and personalization. Also, responsible for file growth and maintaining healthy list attrition.
- Work with marketing and the media team to align the email calendar with the auction event calendar as well as additional equipment focus and coordinate the email marketing calendar to support overarching themes and segmentation.
- Drive optimization in email marketing through frequent and ongoing testing and analysis. Create and manage test calendar, including collaboration with appropriate stakeholders for input. Communicate results and insights from tests to stakeholders.
- Remain current on industry trends, standards, and practices to better identify needs and analyze and report trends of outside factors influencing our business to make recommendations to improve.
- Prioritizes the success of email campaigns and programs measured by session traffic, conversions, and other metrics.
Here's what you bring:
- 4+ years experience in email marketing, marketing automation or other analytical online marketing;
- Strong HTML and CSS experience required;
Proficiency in marketing automation technology
Technical capability with Excel, Pivot Tables
- Computer skills: Microsoft Suite, G-Suite, Adobe Suite a plus;
- Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics experience preferred);
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (i.e. HubSpot, Eloqua, Marketo, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud, SilverPop, CheetahMail, etc);
- Data analysis skills to solve complex problems;
- Bachelors in Marketing is preferred. This job will require you to:
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently with minor supervision
- Team player with problem-solving mindset, works collaboratively to ensure customer needs are met
- Strong ability to multi-task across a variation of projects and emails at the same time
- Incredible attention to detail
- Creative and resourceful with the ability to think outside of the box to solve problems
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Capability to adapt to an environment that changes to support business needs
- Time management of daily/ad-hoc tasks according to bandwidth
- Communicate with digital team to support projects, email efforts
- Aptitude for staying on path of direct team goals and maintaining focus of those initiatives
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career
- we've proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here's how:
- Base salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
- A multi-award winning LEED gold certified facility, in an exceptional park-like setting, featuring:
- A subsidized, multi-award winning childcare centre.
- A subsidized cafeteria, car washing and dry cleaning services, and free parking.
- A workout facility, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, shower and changing facilities, and nutrition and fitness programs.
- Proximity to miles of Fraser River walking paths, plus shops, restaurants and services.