WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Are you interested in the opportunity to work as a Design Co-op Student? By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for multiple roles available across RBC Technology & Operations. Some exciting roles you may be considered for are:
- Graphic Designer
- UI/UX Designer
- Visual Designer
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Technical and design production for internal RBC website properties and related communication activities
- Act as a subject matter expert for conceptual and technical design, development, and implementation
- Production design assistance with ongoing design projects, including the creation of graphic images and content to support Technology & Operations (T&O) content and top stories
- Determine the scope, effort, complexity, resources, and technology required to enhance and evolve the Intranet, as well as drive users to intranet sites
- Support co-ordination and productivity measures of publishing workflow with focus on optimizing efficiency and effectiveness opportunities to enhance ?ease of doing business? and client experience
- Proactively act in a consultant in supporting new and existing intranet content initiatives, focusing on content presentation and navigation, and review content to ensure alignment to standards
- Ensures communication needs and requirements are being met and are in line with site infrastructure
- Support the planning and facilitation of events and the creation of monthly and ad hoc project reports
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Currently enrolled at a Canadian post-secondary institution with a focus on graphic design, communications design, or equivalent
- Leadership acumen and a passion to apply it in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Strong MS Office skills
- Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly proficient in all industry leading software, including the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Understanding of multimedia/interactive design principles
- Expertise in website creation
- HTML, CSS coding, image processing and optimization, and knowledge of how to create style guides and optimize graphics for the web
- Practice working with brand standards, delivering on brand strategy, and planning and facilitating events
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Network and build lasting relationships with students from diverse backgrounds from across Canada
- Participate in fun events and gamification challenges to help build your career tool kit while enjoying a work-life balance
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and learning opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and highly performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Enjoy a comfortable work environment with the option to dress casually
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs