Ciena may well be the most important technology company you've never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G ... literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
?For more than 25 years, Ciena has been a global leader in networking strategy. Our technology is part of the critical infrastructure that enables innovations that wow us
- like autonomous driving, and those we take for granted
- like mobile-streaming video. These advancements in technology are possible because of the pioneering approach at Ciena. We are at the forefront of cutting-edge technology that makes the internet itself work. We build adaptive networks that grow smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day
- much like Ciena itself?
YOUR ROLE : As part of Ciena's Portfolio Marketing team, the Director of Product Marketing will manage a small team of product marketing experts responsible for the go-to-market of Ciena's Packet Networking portfolio. This individual will play a leading role in developing the company's Packet marketing strategy and positioning, and will be an evangelist for Ciena Packet offerings and strategy externally with customers, partners, media, and analysts, as well as internally across Ciena. This role requires strong liaison with Sales, Product Line Management, and corporate marketing functions.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Support development and implementation of market strategies to help grow market share globally for Ciena's Packet Networking platforms
- Develop compelling positioning and messaging that differentiates Ciena from the competition
- Communicate the value of Ciena Packet Networking offers to the Sales team and develop Sales tools and enablement programs
- Identify thought leadership and customer success story opportunities to help drive Packet sales
- Work with Packet Product Line Management, Sales, R&D and Solutions Marketing teams to identify opportunities for new offer introductions
- Present Ciena Packet Networking value proposition directly to customers, prospects, media, and industry analysts on a global basis
- Collaborate and help to formulate strategies to foster engagement with customers ultimately leading to growth in mind-share and demand for Ciena's Packet Networking portfolio
- Communicate market intelligence related to market growth and competitive positioning across the Packet market landscape
- Develop and guide a team of product marketing experts in:
- Using market, customer, and competitive input to develop the appropriate positioning for Ciena's Packet Networking portfolio, and drive its positioning on a global basis
- Developing/creating sales/partner training, readiness, and collateral
- Building strong internal stakeholder relationships and influencing customers and partners
- Supporting RFx positioning including competitive, strategic, and tactical considerations
- Conduct, gather, and interpret market, customer, and competitor research to identify and capitalize on market trends, challenges, and opportunities
- Support Ciena's presence at trade-shows, industry forums, and analyst events, as required
- Oversee the creation of compelling marketing content and Sales tools
- Liaise regularly with Product Line Management, Sales Engineering and Sales to understand the nuances related to deployments and customer concerns, and adjusting positioning/messaging accordingly
About You :
- Experienced Manager with the ability to proactively coach and develop team members
- 10+ years of proven Product Marketing skills that deliver tangible business results
- In-depth understanding of packet networking across access, aggregation, and metro networks, and related technologies including IP, Ethernet, MPLS, Segment routing, etc. Also, key trends impacting packet networking
- e.g. 4G to 5G evolution, edge computing, business services, TDM modernization, etc.
- Strong understanding of the Service Provider, Internet Content Provider, Cable, MSO, and other major network operator markets and how packet networks are used within these environments
- Proven track record of working in a multi-disciplinary team-oriented environment
- Proven track record of presentation, interpersonal, and communications skills (internal/external)
- Excellent writing skills for creating/editing meaningful content for specific audiences of buyers and industry influencers (ex. blogs, white papers, presentations, success stories, case studies...)
- Successful experience in developing effective inter-working relationships
- Out of the box thinker, with a passion for creating and trying new things and bringing new ideas into the marketing strategy
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS :
- Takes initiatives and proposes innovative solutions, out-of-the box thinking is key
- Team player who works well with customers, analysts, partners, and colleagues
- Strong organizational skills and ability execute or drive deliverables and initiatives to closure
- Strong sense of ownership to manage deliverables effectively
- Flexible individual capable of handling and successfully completing multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Possess a passion for winning and is driven to succeed or excel in one's career
- Willingness to travel for customer meetings, industry trade-shows, as required
- BS of BA Degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant Business degree
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest- those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our vibrant culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People. With almost 30 years of industry leadership, 6,000+ specialists around the globe, and clients in more than 30 countries, we support more than 1,500 of the world's largest, most agile networks.
Your Life @ Ciena
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust every individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena's highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Belong @ Ciena
Ciena is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. We want Ciena to be a place where you feel you can belong.
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes
- both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process