*30h/week, 2 days teleworking at home, 2 days at our offices*
Duck and Partners is an integrated boutique communication agency that has worked exclusively in the animal health and human health fields for 15 years. We are a small group of dedicated, multi-talented individuals with a passion for communication, innovation and creativity, in search of a creative concept developer and copywriter to help us meet the needs of our growing project portfolio.
This is a terrific opportunity for a creative communication professional with a flair for copywriting. We are not looking for a strictly technical/medical writer, but rather for a creative concept developer and copywriter who is not afraid to work with scientific content. You must be able to write and present scientific information in an engaging manner that effectively meets our clients’ communication and marketing objectives, without ever compromising creativity.
You will be responsible for developing creative concepts and copy for print and digital campaigns for our clients in the fields of animal health and human health as well as for our online community CommuniVET™ (website and Facebook account).
You will work in collaboration with our account directors and creative team to craft marketing communication material ranging from traditional pieces such as brochures, flyers, sales aids, ads, to Web and social media content.
The ideal candidate:
- Has an undergraduate degree in a relevant field (for example, communications);
- Has experience in developing creative concepts/copy in the field of animal health and/or human health;
- Has previously worked in an advertising agency (an asset);
- Has strong English grammar and creative writing skills, and is comfortable working in a bilingual environment;
- Has a strategic marketing mindset and is detail-oriented, to ensure quality and consistency for our client’s brands;
- Has a demonstrated ability to convert scientific information into simple and effective communication pieces for different types of audiences;
- Is comfortable in developing concepts and copy for both print and Web;
- Has excellent time management skills, and is able to juggle multiple projects;
- Has a good working knowledge of MS Office;
- Can work independently and as part of a team;
- Is resourceful, creative, tech-savvy, and curious, and has a strong desire to learn;
- Is willing to ask questions, and seek information and feedback.
Why join Duck and Partners?
- It’s a permanent position and key role within our creative team.
- We facilitate work-life balance with teleworking. Your work week will consist of four days (30 hours), two of which will be spent on premises at our recently renovated offices in Laval with easy access to parking. The other two days you will be teleworking from home.
- We are flexible: 2 schedule options (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- We offer a competitive salary and insurance plan.
- You will be joining a dynamic team of seasoned professionals who are motivated, friendly and easygoing.
If you believe you would be a good fit for our team, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your résumé, along with a cover letter and samples from your copywriting portfolio.
Applications must be received no later than November 29, 2019 as we would like to fill this position as soon as possible. Please note that we will only communicate with candidates selected for an interview.