Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun?
If so, consider the following opportunity!
Rogers Creative is seeking an Art Director with proven work in print and digital media to work on?broadcast and radio brands. As an Art Director you will be responsible for overseeing design elements in print, social, digital and motion. You love to think different, ideate and take ownership of projects; these are just a couple of the reasons you love what you do. It goes without saying you have incredibly high standards when it comes to graphic design and art direction.? You feel comfortable presenting ideas and decks at all stages of projects to all levels of clients. You understand empowerment and the positive culture it breeds. Your passion for quality work, cutting edge designs, industry leading and trending executions, innovation, technology and all things creative is complimented with an understanding of graphic design principles, best practices, and a focus on detail.
The role requires core strengths in the ability to multi-task, co-ordinate, public speak and present, as well as troubleshoot, problem solve and have exceptional people skills. You should be someone who thrives on challenges, setting and achieving goals, and has incorporated design into their lifestyle. We develop engaging, award winning work for a variety of clients with local and national reach. Our creative team carries the principles of a design studio but functions as an in-house design group. The role has a focus on off-air creative, with a strong understanding of all platforms, specifically in print, digital, social, and motion/video.
What You Will Do...
- Contributes to brainstorm sessions
- Creates pitch decks and present?concepts for campaigns, rebrands and promotions
- Creatively focused and demonstrates a visionary approach to design
- Ensures the work reflects the client's business and brand requirements
- Effectively collaborates with the Creative Director and executes industry leading designs
- Mentors other designers & artists
- Managing and coordinating designs to meet deadlines
- Has photo shoot experience (in a graphic advisory capacity or greater)
- At your core, be a strategic Design Thinker
- Be an ambassador of, and support network brands & extensions
- Has a strong knowledge and eye for photo/image treatment
What You Will Bring...
- Professional experience working in advertising or in-house environment
- Portfolio that shows strategic and conceptual campaign thinking and branding applied across a range of deliverables
- Strong knowledge of print/digital workflow and practices
- Ability to problem solve and multitask multiple projects
- On-set experience directing photographers, talent
- Collaborative, self-motivated, professional
- Strong communication skills
- Impeccable?taste?for great design,?typography,?colour?and amazing?attention to details
- Master of all Adobe design software
All applicants must include a link to their portfolio and resume.
Here's What You Can Expect In Return
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Working in concert with your manager, a hybrid split between in-office and at-home work
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the ?what? and the ?how
Schedule Full time
Length of Contract Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function Broadcasting & Creative
Requisition ID 279222
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes Rogers Sports & Media