As Art Director, you'll be responsible for all creative initiatives from start to finish. You'll conceptualize, develop, and produce unique, strategy-driven marketing collateral that will help us drive the business forward. You will also work with our Head of Creative and a large, cross-functional creative team in the conception, design, and execution of visual materials across various platforms-digital, broadcast, and print.
This is a hands-on role that will allow you to delve deep into the latest design software to deliver impactful creative work and set the bar for a skilled team of creatives.
We're looking for someone with a diverse skill set that will complement our branding initiatives, as well as multi-platform solutions with a detailed focus on design, film, photography and digital. Our successful candidate will be a great communicator in every aspect, and can pitch their big ideas and work with passion and drive to produce original and unique creatives.
As a growing business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, analyze and respond to your learner's needs. Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Senior Art Director, the Art Director undertakes the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop art direction and strategy to support brand campaign concepts
- Support art direction needs for product-focused campaigns as needed
- Champion creative concepts to internal clients and category team members
- Contribute to creative idea and growth in the creative department
- Manage a team of graphic designers and coach through project and campaign development
- Creates, generates and manipulates graphic images, animations, sound, text and film into consolidated multimedia programs
- Provides design standards, tools, and guidance on communicating Lush's brand strategy
- Manages the art for production of all creative assets
- Partners with other team members in the production of unique marketing creative
- Drives collaboration within the creative team
- Workflow/Project Management.
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5 years Art Direction experience
- Expertise in Adobe CS, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote
- Experience in managing junior designers and providing design coaching and feedback
- A portfolio that includes a balance of strategic and well executed work, featuring prowess in branding, print, film, broadcast, digital, conceptual thinking, and an eye for varying styles
- Ability to inspire originality and creative thinking
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and pressured environment, while remaining proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely and effectively with the Head of Creative, Brand Director and in a larger team structure including, but not limited to copyrighters, filmmakers, photographers, illustrators, designers and production artists
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Design, Advertising and/or Art Direction
- Experience working on integrated marketing campaigns with digital, film and broadcast
- Demonstration of awards and industry accolades are a bonus
- Background in a cosmetics industry would be an asset
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.