If you are an experienced Sales professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! You will be a member of the West Area Senior Leadership Team to drive sales growth for Emerson Automation Solutions. You will build focused growth programs and lead sales teams, displace competition, diversify our industry mix, and leverage our installed base to profitably grow top line sales. The West Area has a highly diversified, dynamic team who covers the western United States and western Canada. The ideal candidate will be based in western Canada.
The Sales Director is focused on leading the development and execution of strategies resulting in profitable growth across various sales channels in the West Coast Area. You will support the Area Vice President and be an integral part of the West Area leadership team to track, forecast, and drive sales performance.
AS A SALES DIRECTOR, YOU WILL :
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Direct Sales Channel, Impact Partners, and Business Unit management to execute sales growth initiatives and drive incremental, profitable topline growth.
- Lead and drive results for assigned growth programs that could include digital transformation, lifecycle services, sustainability, reliability, industry diversification, digital sales, sales effectiveness, and more.
- Advise Area Vice President on strategies to strengthen existing customer base, capitalize on changing markets, and grow non-traditional markets.
- Ensure a collaborative culture and drive results based on Automation Solutions long term goals across all platforms and growth objectives.
- Focus on talent development and oversee learning and development programs to ensure area sales force is prepared both technically and commercially to sell products and services.
- Provide input for administrative programs to maintain effective area sales channel management such as budgeting and goal setting, Impact Partner contracts and commission/sales credit split policies.
- Guide assessment processes for sales management, direct sales and Impact Partners and execute any support actions required.
- Actively participate in assigned project pursuit efforts for local or international projects where there is West Area sales influence.
- Act as sponsor for assigned customer accounts and/or lead initiatives for specific industry segments.
WHO YOU ARE:
You get the most out of available resources and secure rare resources others can't get. You facilitate an open dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders. You effectively align the interests of multiple, diverse stakeholders You manage the risk that comes with moving forward when the outcome isn't certain.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or Business-related degree
- A minimum of 8 years sales leadership experience in the industrial automation industry
- Demonstrated Business Acumen and strong Drive for results
- Experienced in managing and directing ?virtual? teams, with proven experience in directing and developing effective teams, and compelling vision for the team
- Ability to maneuver through the Emerson organization getting things done on behalf of the customer
- Strong presentation/communication skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills that can effectively work with all levels of a global workforce
- Must be a Self-starter
- Strong collaborative mindset, work through juxtaposed positions to find win-win solutions
- Willingness and ability to travel 40%-50% , to include international travel
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPEREINCE & SKILLS:
- Supervisory experience, as this role may grow with further responsibilities to supervise 1 or more Regional Managers, Direct Sales, or Field Support Specialists
- Experience with Emerson products
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy.
Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: extended health & dental benefits, Heath Care Spending Account, life insurance coverage, registered pension plan/registered retirement savings plans.
We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives - and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson .
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available at all stages of recruitment, selection, and employment.
If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources or via Isarta to make appropriate arrangements.
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world's most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life.
Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes - Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future - shape, define and fuel Emerson's culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your master's degree, you'll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.