The Social Media Specialist plays a key role in supporting brand and social media activity for Knix. The Specialist will report into and work closely with the Senior Social Media Manager to create and publish compelling content for the Knix brand across various social media channels. The ideal candidate is experienced in managing large social platforms, highly organized, proactive, and willing to roll up their sleeves to assist the Content Team in realizing their vision. The ideal candidate has a background in the development of impactful multimedia content and is prepared to work with our Content, Creative and Brand Teams on driving reach and engagement through our organic social channels.
- You are a clear communicator who can find creative solutions and bring innovative ideas that align with the content strategy
- You are a creative, who believes in the power of storytelling through social media.
- You have strong caption writing skills and have a good eye for trends and aesthetic
- You are super organized and love working in a dynamic environment with multiple moving targets
- You've strong time management skills - you can juggle multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment
- You are a natural collaborator. You develop partnerships cross-functionally and leverage this to achieve team goals and deadlines
- Above all, you are proactive, positive, you love social media and are inspired by Knix and our mission! The Opportunity
- Community Management~ Engaging with our customers and collaborators by responding to DMs and public comments across Knix's social accounts.
- Content Creation~ Creating and/or briefing posts/videos (Static, IGS, Reels), writing social copy for Instagram, developing Pinterest Boards, engaging our Facebook audience, daily management of Knix's secondary channels and more. Manage key stakeholder relationships, and drive creative thinking about how we engage and influence our audiences across each channel
- Collaboration~ Working with the Brand, Creative and Content Teams (most frequently), to pitch and brainstorm new content and marketing ideas, including but not limited to~ social partnerships, new product launches, content themes and ideation, memes, BAU content creation and more
- Seeding Fulfillment~ Looking for new collaboration opportunities with creators, contributors and influencers. Brief, track and seed products to partners using Apparel Magic and Shopify
- Cross-posting~ Sharing the Content Team & ambassador/influencer/media posts/articles on our channels including Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok and Facebook. Create, write, and edit social posts for optimization across our various social platforms, including memes, post and caption copy. Ensure that copy reflects Knix's tone of voice, is consistent, and accurate
- Monitoring Trends and Competitors~ Constantly checking for what is trending in the digital social sphere that we can jump onto implementing into our own social strategies and taking note of what our competitors are doing on their social channels each week - both in terms of successes and failures.
- Regularly review analytics to see how our platforms are performing against our goals, and work collaboratively to improve our results Qualifications
- Expertise in digital, social, interactive, and creative solutions
- Experience managing large social media platforms, particularly brand accounts
- Capable of supporting social campaigns
- Excellent writing, editorial and project management skills
- Proficient in all social media platforms, experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, SproutSocial and Slack are a bonus
- Bachelor's degree in Business Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in social media
- Media Communications experience is a plus
- Photography/video editing experience is a plus How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.