COMMUNICATIONS & ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Join Canada's leading planning, design, and engagement firm.
Are you passionate about representing projects that build great communities? Our Communications and Engagement group is excited to grow our team and expand our service offering as we seek an experienced Communications professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to innovative client service. Learn more about us at bastudios.ca.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a Communications and Engagement Specialist with 5 to 10 years experience to provide communications, public relations, and engagement expertise.
Our team of Communications and Engagement Specialists has over 30 years of combined experience representing projects, developing strategies, and thoughtfully creating opportunities for public engagement. You will play a key role in the continued growth of our Communications and Engagement services, supporting projects publicly and contributing to B&A's corporate brand and reputation through the following:
- Developing communications and engagement strategies, plans and schedules that are responsive to project needs and meet project milestones and approval schedules.
- Developing, managing, and implementing written content for various communications and engagement initiatives such as project websites, e-newsletters, mail outs, information packages, social media content, media releases, key message preparation, and other project communications materials as needed.
- Representing projects externally and is comfortable communicating with public stakeholders, elected officials, local media, and regulators on high profile, technical and/or contentious projects.
- Demonstrating professionalism and empathy on behalf of clients at public and stakeholder meetings.
- Managing event planning, logistics and execution on behalf of project teams and facilitating stakeholder engagement tactics such as workshops, open houses, small-format meetings, and online outreach.
- Tracking and analyzing stakeholder feedback as well as developing responses, reports, summaries, and mitigation strategies to thoughtfully respond to feedback themes.
- Supporting internal and external corporate communication
Interested candidates should be excited to deliver innovative, professional, and strategic project communications with a collaborative, fast-paced and high-performing team. Engagement has been a leading growth area for B&A. Our team provides individual opportunities for growth, leadership, and professional development in leading project communications.
We are seeking a team member with the following skills to grow our service area:
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the fields of communications, media relations, public relations, community relations and/or public engagement.
- Degree or diploma in Public Relations/Communications/Journalism/Marketing or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience designing and executing communications strategies on behalf of a variety of industries, projects, and client sectors.
- Demonstrated experience preparing written materials and disseminating technical information for a variety of audiences.
- Experience managing media releases/advisories, media inquiries, media monitoring, and publicly representing projects.
- Experience representing organizations, projects, and clients on reputational matters, with a strong understanding of Canadian governmental institutions.
- Experience facilitating events, workshops, and meetings for different audiences.
- Memberships in professional organizations such as IAP2, IABC, CPRS, etc. is an asset.
The following qualifications are considered an asset:
- Knowledge of municipal planning and land use approvals processes
- Experience in maintaining official consultation records
- Indigenous engagement and consultation experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, SurveyMonkey, Zoom, and media monitoring platforms
We are a dynamic, future-focused, multi-disciplinary team that believes in creating great places and spaces. We have a thirty-five year track record in helping our clients successfully achieve project approvals through project conceptualization and design, strategic advice, and reputational messaging. We work with a broad range of clients including developers, landowners, governments and energy and natural resource companies.
At B&A, our core values are centred on relationships, integrity, collaboration, and diversity.
As an equal opportunity employer, our success comes from an environment where collaboration, diversity and inclusion drive innovative and successful outcomes. We believe that by staying true to our values, our place can be anyone's place.
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible working environment - home, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver offices
- Benefits plan with Health Spending Account
- Professional development opportunities
- Mentorship and career progression
- A highly creative, innovative, and fast-paced work environment
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio.
All requested documents are required to be considered for this opportunity.
The application deadline is December 2, 2022.