MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide. We have an immediate opening for a Customer Service Representative.
Job Purpose: Responsible for providing responsive and committed support to MRC Global Online customers, documentation of customer set-up parameters, and sales support, as needed, to assist customers in creating orders through the MRC Global Online electronic catalog.
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Respond to incoming customer inquiries, provide assistance with customer log-in issues and catalog material searches in MRC Global Online;
- Liaise with internal product specialists to ensure customers receive prompt technical support as required;
- Resolve user issues by identifying, analyzing, and diagnosing problem using established processes and procedures;
- Determine customer requirements for catalog item visibility while ensuring customer's AML is met;
- Leads on-boarding of new customer set-ups on MRC Global Online;
- Facilitates communication with MRC Global branches and customers including the use of web chat applications;
- Conducts user training for both internal and customer personnel;
- Documentation of MRC Global Online customer set-up parameters and settings;
- Assist with harmonizing product pictures to be displayed in the catalog;
- Review analytics for utilization, issues, recommendations at a customer level;
- Assist with MRC Global's strategy to increase usage and sales through MRC Global Online;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Information Systems, or other related field; or relevant, equivalent work experience;
- Any combination of two or more years in customer service or inside sales;
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computers and software applications;
- Demonstrated process and analysis skills;
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills;
- Proven oral, written, and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and transfer detailed knowledge to others;
- Demonstrated organization, customer service, and people skills;
- General knowledge of MRC Global core PVF products;
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside work location, with occasional overnight stays;
- Ability to work alternate work schedule to provide support for customers in other time zones;
- Valid Driver's license with the ability to meet the MRC Global vehicle policy.
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with MRC guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.