At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This 14 month contract position is responsible for writing and publishing various types of content, sharing our best brand stories and extending the Farm Boy fresh shopping experience to our customers and communities both online and off. As a consummate story-teller with a passion for food you will create features, articles, posts and more that capture, educate and engage Farm Boy audiences. The performance of these duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Create, edit and proofread compelling copy for all weekly advertising including: Farm Boy flyer, e-newsletter, website and store signage.
- Create useful and appealing content about our company and products for Farm Boy website.
- Create ongoing content including blog posts and features about industry-related topics to educate and inspire.
- Create Farm Boy private label product and product marketing copy including: packaging, advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Write and publish interesting and engaging content with visuals for social media channels including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Contribute to development of effective digital marketing content campaigns.
- Liaise with and manage external content contributors to deliver ongoing digital content.
- May be requested to undertake other related writing and communication duties as required.
- Completion of a post-secondary program with an emphasis in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Advertising/Marketing with a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills with experience in business-to-consumer writing and the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas, as well as build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to understand and write for target audience, while maintaining the Farm Boy voice.
- Experience with digital publishing and generating traffic including knowledge of SEO web writing and the ability to create SEO friendly content.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to anticipate and avoid potentially negative brand experiences, with ability to apply resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Focused and hardworking along with a positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable dealing with many stakeholders.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, regularly juggling priorities and last-minute requests.
- Ability to travel outside of the city.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, as well as ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Fluency in both official languages shall be considered an asset, but not required. Work & Sensory Environment:
- Stress from open office noise.
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- Sitting for long periods of time at workstation.
- Exposure to eye strain from computer terminals.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.