At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 23,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world's largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This role reports into Sr Director, Sales, Canada.
What you will do:
- Actively develop and maintain solid customer relationships with required day to day contacts with customers at multiple levels of the customers organization
- Develop and execute business plans that will assist in achieving sales objectives while maximize the profitability of the sales territory in sync with the stated sales strategy for Nutrien
- Responsible for yearly sales plan preparation and monthly forecasting adjustments
- Compile and communicate up-to-date competitive market environment data relative to the industry and local sales territory
- Act as liaison between customers and finance/credit department to ensure orders are given proper credit approval and are released for shipment without delay
- Establish and maintain strong communication with other Nutrien groups to support sales and service to assigned territory (i.e., marketing, customer experience, and transportation)
- Entry of contractual sales agreements and monitoring of shipping performance against contracts
- Investigate and handle customer complaints
What you will bring:
- The candidate must have a Bachelor degree in agriculture, business, marketing or related field.
- At least 6 years of experience in sales, product management, customer experience, or a related field
- Highly developed customer service skills with a proven ability to develop and sustain strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales goals and objectives with analytical and reporting capabilities.
- Awareness of industry standards related to handling, storage and use of fertilizer products
- Motivated self-starter with results and solution orientation and the ability to sustain a professional growth strategy while working independently
- Proven track record of margin optimization thru continuous improvement initiatives
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office components Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI.
- Strong understanding of internal operating systems (SAP, MSS, HANA) to extract data into valuable/reliable reports
- Strong understanding of the market/field you will be working in
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong Negotiation skills
Are you a good match? Apply today!
The estimated salary that Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn suggested does not represent Nutrien's compensation structure.
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran