Manager, Communications & Engagement, Aviation Services - Canada
Location: Canada (Hybrid work plan in Montreal, Toronto or Winnipeg)
Manager, Communications & Engagement for GardaWorld's Aviation Services, you will join a leading multi-national corporation that thrives on your seasoned experience, entrepreneurial passion, and fresh, new ideas. It's the best of both worlds!
What's in it for you?
Communications professionals at GardaWorld get to see - almost every day - the measurable impact of their work on our business. This role is an opportunity to work on a diverse team with the resources and support of a big legacy company, paired with the agility and autonomy of an innovative, fast-paced business culture.
- Hybrid work model (telecommuting and office space)
- Opportunities for business travel
- Flexible hours
- Permanent, full-time work
- Competitive salary and compensation
- Comprehensive benefits, group RRSP
- Career development opportunities
- Wellness initiatives
Is this a fit with your career plans?
A Management Career With GardaWorld Aviation Services Provides
- Immersion into both operations and management of Canadian passenger aviation
- Valued experience as a safety and security professional
- Management experience in a unionized labour environment
- Exposure and connections from working directly with a Canadian Crown Corporation
- Tactical and strategic experience in traditional communications, change management, project management, employee engagement, and organizational development
- Opportunities to define and drive your career at your own pace and in any direction
- Empowerment to make a quantifiable difference in the lives of people in your professional sphere
What does a Manager, Communications & Engagement do at GardaWorld Aviation Services?
Reporting to the National Director, Employee Experience & Communication, you are responsible for developing and implementing communications and engagement strategies for Aviation Services Canada.
- Advise the aviation management team on all things employee communications.
- Execute communications and engagement strategies, oversee ongoing initiatives.
- Support the business unit with initiatives that meet operational needs but also uphold the brand voice and corporate priorities.
- Collaborate with our multifunctional team to identify engagement opportunities and realize objectives for the business unit.
- Develop engaging and effective deliverables and content that advance our business priorities.
- Manage internal communications systems: create and curate content, oversee business processes, control content quality and integrity from associate content creators, ensure compliance with regulations and standards.
- Oversee and maintain the communications calendar for the business unit, and in alignment with other business units.
- Actively participate on various key projects, such as developing the employer brand, coordinating conferences and team sessions, building the health and safety culture
What We're Looking For
- Impeccable English writing skills
- Strategic thinking with a knack for working in the details while delivering on the big picture
- University degree in communication or a related field
- 5 to 7 years of experience in internal communications; 3-5 years of experience in employee engagement
- Management experience in a unionized environment a strong asset
- Excellent sense of creativity, initiative, and leadership
- Strong planning skills paired with flexibility and resourcefulness
- A track record for managing tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Functional knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 suite, Sharepoint, and Teams; Technology savvy
- Creative layout and design experience an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English), spoken and written an asset