This full-time position will provide you with the opportunity to leverage your design and/or lighting background as you work with Edmonton's design professionals and our retail clientele, helping them light their residential, commercial, and hospitality projects. As a natural sales and people-person, you will develop and maintain strong working relationships with showroom visitors as you help them realize their vision for a space. Your goal will be to become their trusted lighting advisor.
Your typical day will see you:
- Welcoming showroom visitors and learning the reason behind their visit
- Helping people select and review products best suited to their project needs
- Communicating product features and benefits in an engaging manner
- Take ownership of showroom appearance by maintaining and upholding merchandising, cleanliness, and organizational standards
- Developing clear and effective written proposals and quotations
- Connecting and following-up with customers through email, telephone, and in-person interactions
- Providing our Customer Service team with required information to resolve any product or delivery issues
- Participating in Product Knowledge sessions with our vendors
- Participating and organizing showroom events as needed
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Are personable and loves working with people
- Have a keen eye for design and feel comfortable advising people
- Are a fast learner and do your homework about the products you're selling
- Are organized, punctual, reliable, and take pride in your work
- Are hands on and willing to willing to get a little dirty to ensure our showroom glows and product displays stay fresh and eye catching
- Are a positive team player and love a challenge
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, and competitive activities
- Participate whenever possible in industry events and activities, educational opportunities
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly sales targets
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Two years minimum experience in retail sales relevant to the design industry e.g. lighting, furniture, accessories
- A post-secondary degree/certificate in Interior Architecture/Design and/or Lighting Design or a Business degree/certificate
- Practical work experience and an ability to demonstrate a high level of lighting and lighting industry knowledge is also acceptable
- Aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers
- Detail-oriented with a strong ability to assess and work with complex data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office or Google Suite applications and contact management software
You will be supported by our Dwell Modern Manager, Regional Sales Manager, our Marketing Team, and our Accounting and Operations Teams. Typical work hours are Tuesday to Saturday, 9am to 530pm. Flexibility is required as professional functions/trade shows and other activities may require temporary changes to these hours.
If you're serious about a career in the design industry, you'll find that Dwell Modern offers a rare opportunity for career advancement while working with experienced design professionals to create beautiful spaces.
A full benefits package is offered to all full-time employees. Compensation and commission rates are based on experience.
About Dwell Modern
Dwell Modern is a team of design-driven sales and support staff who help Canada's interior design and architecture professionals light their residential, commercial, and hospitality projects. We are the Canadian partner for more than 25 top modern furniture and lighting manufacturers from Europe and North America, and our clients include some of the country's most innovative and exciting design and architecture firms. Our showrooms in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary showcase some of the most unique, exclusive, and iconic collections of modern architectural and decorative furniture and lighting from around the world and serve as an exciting event space for designer visits, parties, and educational sessions.