COORDINATOR, WEBSITE & DIGITAL MARKETING
Position: Coordinator, Website & Digital Marketing
Position Type: Full-time permanent
Work Location: Remote from home in Canada (national office is based in Montreal)
Team: Communications & Marketing
Experience: Minimum 5 years
Reports to: Manager, Website & Digital Marketing
Start Date: As soon as possible
Our vision is to inspire everyone to embrace the outdoors, to discover the diversity of our land and people, to enhance their health and well-being, and to share their stories along this globally significant and iconic trail network.
The Trans Canada Trail (the Trail) is the longest interconnected network of multi-use recreational trails in the world, spanning over 28,000 kilometres on land and water. Linking three oceans – the Atlantic, Pacific and Arctic – the Trail connects 15,000 rural, urban and Indigenous communities across every province and territory. It is a ribbon that connects Canada’s diverse landscapes, seasons, people and experiences, and it fosters unity, collaboration and connectedness.
Trans Canada Trail (the organization) is a registered charity that stewards this national trail in collaboration with community-based partners. With funding from the Government of Canada through Parks Canada, and investments from all levels of government and generous donors, Trans Canada Trail is the largest investor in trail infrastructure projects in Canada, supporting improvements, growth and enhancements for the benefit of generations to come.
Trans Canada Trail staff are community-minded and believe in the benefits of outdoor recreation opportunities for all. Our skills are diverse – from trail development and signage expertise, to philanthropy, communications and marketing, and organizational administration. We are a geographically dispersed team, located in many different places in Canada, but closely connected through technology and a sincere effort to build and maintain effective working relationships with one another.
You are passionate about the health and well-being of people and communities. The talents and skills you bring to your work are valued by your colleagues and you’re always interested in learning something new. You enjoy working remotely and online, using digital platforms to think creatively and work collaboratively, and you believe in the importance of work/life balance.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Trans Canada Trail! Reporting to the Manager, Website & Digital Marketing, the Coordinator, Website & Digital Marketing is responsible for helping Trans Canada Trail’s Communications and Marketing team improve the organization’s online presence through web support, SEO and data analytics reporting.
Improving our brand’s online visibility
- Ensure on-page SEO optimization, including content management and improvement
- Audit website content to ensure it complies with SEO best practices
- Improve crawl experience for search engine bots while ensuring best in class user experience
- Prepare site performance analyses and reports
- Identify link opportunities for the Communications & Marketing team and consult on link building best practices
- Generate keywords lists for web and other digital copy
Digital marketing data and analytics
- Monitor, analyze, report and present, when required, to senior management on website and digital marketing performance, ensuring objectives are met.
- Manage monthly/quarterly raw data collection across Trans Canada Trail’s digital marketing technology stack
- Assess and learn new marketing data-analytics platforms, as needed
Supporting our brand’s web and digital needs
- Create landing pages, build and track UTMs, create vanities and redirects
- Update web content and publishing pages as requested
- Assist with implementation of Google Analytics 4 on Trans Canada Trail web properties, as well as setting up tagging and tracking, as required by the Communications & Marketing team
- Coordinate with external digital marketing and web development vendors, as needed
- Attend webinars, research and help evaluate software, digital platforms and other communications and marketing tools, as required
- Manage page/post directories and clean up old pages
- Monitor and report any web-related performance issues
- Help assess, make recommendations and implement new marketing software and platforms
- Support Philanthropy with digital-first fundraising needs, including digital marketing/fundraising campaigns, web pages, landing pages, web development, etc.
- Manage administrative requirements (vendor invoicing, scheduling meetings, etc.), as required
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proactive and action oriented with an attention to detail
- Data driven, strong analytical thinking and a questioning attitude
- Passionate about the web, SEO, SEM, evangelizing them to the Communications & Marketing team and across the organization
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SEO tools, such as MOZ and Google Search Console
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledgeable about Google Analytics and GA4
- Able to effectively multi-task and adjust priorities
- Google Ads certification an asset
- French fluency an asset
A detailed position description will be provided to candidates who are invited to join us for an interview and discussion about the role.
We offer a compensation package that includes:
- Contributions to group RRSP
- Insurance: health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work location and hours of work
- Generous paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY
Trans Canada Trail is a proud equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows everyone to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success, and we understand that different experiences, expertise and diversity of thought create better opportunities to understand the world we share.
We value a staff team made up of people with diverse voices and experiences and welcome your application if this role calls out to you. If you already have all of the skills and experience we’ve asked for, great. But we also consider potential – so if you don’t have those exact skills yet, but you have the know-how and desire to develop them, know that we support professional growth, and this role may still be a great match for you – so don’t be shy about applying.
The deadline for submitting your application is Friday, December 2, 2022.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Trans Canada Trail.
Trans Canada Trail is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Trans Canada Trail will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Coordinator, Human Resources.