BioSteel is leading the wave of healthy sports drinks in the market. We are not just talking about a ?better for you' product, but rather one that redefines sports drinks. BioSteel is unmatched in the market and is proud to be raising the bar on consumer expectations of sports drinks and has become the #1 purchased product in professional sports.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
The Sports Marketing Manager Canada is responsible for driving the day-to-day management and execution of our team, league, college, federation, events, and other partnerships across the US and Canada. The position is responsible for maintaining assigned partnerships, execution of all partnership assets and deliverables, and deepening the brand relationship across partnership stakeholders, staff, and players as well as identifying and executing new opportunities. The position works cross-functionally across the marketing and sales teams to ensure all partnership elements are activated and leveraged to ensure maximum ROI on investments and overall sales impact.
- Build lasting relationships that enhance the brand and brands exposure across partners' business departments, team operations, coaches, players, and other key stakeholders
- Travel consistently during the NHL/NBA season to meet with aforementioned stakeholders, becoming the face of the brand
- Create a schedule to meet with NHL team contacts (Equipment managers, athletic trainers, strength coaches) for assigned teams:
- Schedule at least four (4) visits with each team throughout the season
- Promote RTD usage and manage expectations for proper bench set ups
- Audit implementation and confirm
- Share real time feedback from organizations
- Manage finances to align with budget parameters
- Actively participate in all planning sessions as requested
- Experience in professional league locker rooms and interfacing with team staff on a regular basis
- Ability to travel, interest in developing relationships and building brand equity
- High energy, goal-oriented with a passion for sports
- Practical ability to manage expectations of supervisor, internal stakeholders, and brand partners
- Excellent relationship-building, problem-solving and people skills
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and, when needed, in writing
This is a full-time role based out of Winnipeg, Manitoba.
BioSteel is a subsidiary of Canopy Growth. At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We're building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Canopy Growth and BioSteel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.