If this sounds like you, well, then you will love the culture at Avison Young!
Avison Young is a global commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm, offering transaction, management, financial and consulting services. We've designed our corporate structure to best serve our clients by enhancing collaboration across our organization.
Real estate can have an enormous positive impact on people's lives - and we're in the business of making spaces and places work better for people. Our purpose is to create real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We care about each other and we have each other's backs. This makes Avison Young a great place to be a client, and a great place to work. We support the whole person and their complete wellness - economic, mental and physical - because what's best for our business comes from our people bringing their whole selves to work.
Of course we love it here, but outsiders think we're pretty great too Avison Young was awarded the prestigious America's Best Midsize Employers for 2022, presented by Forbes and Statista, Inc. We're proud to be regularly recognized for our team, services and culture and our team members enjoy comprehensive compensation and benefit programs. Through our customized work options, we give our people the flexibility to create a work environment that puts their overall well-being first. After all, we are powered by people.
- Reporting to the Managing Director (and/or other designated person), the key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following
- Administrative support for brokerage professionals
- Exceptional customer service while executing on specific assigned tasks
- Organize, create, prepare and produce customized marketing materials as well as client-specific packages, presentations, and proposals.
- Control and maintenance of contract documents.
- Preparation, review and finalization of offering materials including purchase and sale agreements, offers to lease and letters of intent.
- Updating and maintaining data rooms.
- Assist the Marketing Department with the creation and production of marketing materials including brochures, HTML e-mail blasts, invitations, signage, and announcements, while maintaining the Avison Young brand throughout all projects.
- Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout making appropriate changes, responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- In conjunction with the Research Department, prepare title searches, zoning/planning and vacancy/sale searches as required.
- Conduct market information research through various sources including CRM and third-party databases such as MLS, Altus, Realnet, Avant, etc.
- Update CRM database with current market and client information.
- Courteous interaction and clear communication with all members of Avison Young sales and support team
- Develops skills to become a licensed real estate professional
- Develops knowledge of commercial real estate (terminology, buildings, owners, tenants etc)
- Develops skills to utilize information systems such as HubSpot CRM, Avant etc
- Develops networking skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task at an above average level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Required Technical Skills
- Intermediate knowledge and efficient use of business suite computer programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Required Soft Skills
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and create general business documentation.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and format presentations.
- Ability to multi-task, utilize effective time management skills, and be able to recognize and respond to time sensitive issues and tasks.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with multiple timelines and with limited direction/supervision.
- Ability to maintain discretion regarding personnel and industry-related matters.
- Ability to arrange events & travel
- Possess characteristic traits of independent thinking, self-starting initiative while working well in a team-oriented environment.
- Maintain a positive attitude, always seeking to better our team, reaching out to bring greater value.
- Real estate license is not required
- Experience in real estate administration is an asset
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!