Marketing and Communications Manager - 18 Month Contract
Who we are?
Emterra is a Canadian female-owned company that services over 10% of the Canadian population. Emterra transforms waste into resources. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven team member to support our growing company and play a crucial role in the circular economy. Emterra Group is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
We are looking for an individual with a strong communications and marketing background who can lead a small team that is consultative in their approach, achieves results for the business, and makes those around them better. You will be responsible for the successful implementation of strategic marketing and communications plans, as well as handling a slew of ad-hoc requests. This will require a high degree of collaboration across multiple internal teams and the ability to reprioritize as changing and urgent requests come in.
As a business partner to the company, this position plays a pivotal role in growing our commercial business, enhancing internal communications for frontline workers, and building our external brand. The successful candidate should have experience developing and executing internal and external communications via traditional and digital vehicles in a medium-sized company. They must enjoy the hands-on tasks, as well as enjoy interacting with a diverse range of stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will need to be able to strategize and communicate with internal and external stakeholders, enhancing our positive reputation through stories about the brand, services, products, customers, and people - your primary goal is to increase awareness of all the exciting momentum happening at our company!
Contract Length: Tentative start November 14, 2022, to May 1, 2024
Hybrid Work: Employees work in a hybrid model balancing collaboration in the office and virtual work.
What You Will Achieve in This Role?
- Operate the department as a communications business partner for all Emterra Group divisions
- Create and implement communications and marketing strategy that includes digital media campaigns and industry and media outreach to support and promote company goals
- Lead communications initiatives such as joint releases with partnered organizations, B2B communications and messaging, and drive crisis communication should the need arise
- Use and understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools (Asana, google analytics, meta business suite, KPIs, google my business) to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and trends to translate results into actionable insights
- Lead the strategic and tactical execution of external and internal communications for each business division, including design of test/control segmentation, implementation of tests, tracking, results reporting, analysis, and recommendations
- Work collaboratively with business units to help develop and execute creative ideas, plans, and strategies
- Own internal communications initiatives, including working with the Human Resources Team to strengthen employee engagement and recruitment initiatives for both frontline employees and those at desks
- Leading with a consultative approach; managing conception, development, and implementation of communications and digital marketing plan and strategies and promotional programs to hit KPIs
- Handle media inquiries and interview requests
- Build brand awareness and positioning
- Oversee each internal client's budget
- Oversee multiple company websites (Internet [PL1]& Intranet) - Develop web content, ensuring all content is up to date, measuring the success of specific web pages, making sure the website performs at optimal capacity
- BA degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related discipline with 5+ years of PR, marketing, and/or communications experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Resourceful and creative, with a dose of street smarts
- Proven experience developing written content for communications campaigns for a variety of platforms and audiences
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically
- A team player who thrives on collaborating cross-functionally and building relationships
- A committed work ethic with enthusiasm for working with diverse stakeholders
- Continuously researches the changing landscape of marketing and communications as well as the industry they are a part of
- Ability to adapt and thrive through change and shifting priorities
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong creative outlook
- Successful track record with developing marketing plan campaigns
- Excellent leadership, decision-making, and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, analytical, and multitasking skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite of products, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada's Greenest Employers and becoming part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.