Dairy Farmers of Canada (DFC) is the national policy, lobbying, and promotional organization representing Canada’s farmers. DFC strives to create stable conditions for the Canadian dairy sector, today and in the future. It works to maintain policies that foster the viability of Canadian dairy farming and promote dairy products and their health benefits. We are currently seeking a Manager, Stakeholder Engagement based in Toronto.
Reporting to the Director, Business Stakeholder Relations, the Manager of Stakeholder Engagement is responsible for managing the business stakeholder activities for the organization. They are also responsible for developing and implementing National shopper marketing strategies. This position is instrumental in supporting partnerships between DFC and its working groups, and dairy industry stakeholders to ensure that DFC leverages its position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Director in the strategic planning process and establish key processes;
- Provide guidance, advice, and support to the Director on the planning cycle to achieve strategic goals and objectives;
- Manage the business stakeholder engagement activities by assisting the Director in the positive working relationships and acting as a liaison between DFC and dairy industry stakeholders such as dairy processors, retailers, food service partners, and consumer goods marketers for all partnerships activities;
- Deliver strategic advice on BSR activities for strategic priorities and initiatives to meet goals and business needs;
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and nurture alliances and strategic partnerships with key stakeholders to advance business goals;
- Identify and analyze opportunities within the organization or marketplace;
- Provide project management for the implementation of key initiatives;
- Manage the implementation of the strategic plan and advise on course correction when necessary;
- Assess market intelligence and trends; and
- Ensure effective management and regular communication with all necessary internal teams.
- Lead shopper/retail marketing planning to leverage national marketing campaigns set by the marketing department;
- Lead shopper behavior research studies;
- Develop, implement and measure shopper marketing strategies and creative development of national retail programs;
- Account managing with key national and provincial retailers and food service operators; and
- Maintain relationships with national retailers, processors, and food service for the execution of retail programs.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to influence people and build consensus;
- Proven experience and abilities in the execution of partnership agreements and programs;
- Demonstrated change management skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of the internal organization as well as with key external stakeholders;
- Excellent program and project management skills. Detail-oriented, organized, and diligent in preparation;
- Strong facilitation skills with the ability to work with key stakeholders with differing needs and develop an agreed-upon solution;
- Adaptability to change, able to navigate uncertainty and work independently balanced with taking direction and guidance;
- Must be highly professional, have good judgment, proactively take initiative, able to multitask, and demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize and make necessary decisions aligned with leadership direction; and
- Self-motivated, energetic, collaborative, and proactive.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related field; a Master’s degree in a business-related specialty is an asset.
- A minimum of five plus (5+) years of experience in a business development or marketing role preferably in a national association and a not-for-profit and/or working in a federated model.
- Operational awareness, strategic planning, and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral in French and English combined with strong presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet.
Dairy Farmers of Canada offers flexible work arrangements for a variety of needs, including hours of work. Candidates and incumbents are encouraged to disclose accommodation requirements to People & Culture.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Travel is required to attend meetings primarily within Canada. Overnight travel should not exceed 15% of total working time however this position requires additional regular travel within the Toronto area for in-person meetings with various stakeholders.”.
DFC Ambassador & Organizational Awareness / Effective Communication / Job Knowledge / Teamwork & Collaboration
WHY DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA?
- We are committed to the health and well-being of our employees. All employees are currently working from home with a vision to offer flexible and hybrid work arrangements once we return to the office;
- We offer a flexible work environment that allows individuals to maximize professional and personal development;
- We offer a variety of benefits to ensure the health and well-being of our employees and we pay the premiums for you;
- We offer training and career advancement opportunities and foster a dynamic environment of teamwork and collaboration;
- We strive for a diverse and inclusive work environment. We regularly engage employees to participate in working groups, and actively seek their feedback in launching fun staff activities and programs across the organization. Fun virtual events, ergonomic training, fitness challenges, and various wellness initiatives are only a few of the comprehensive programs we offer;
- Do you like dairy products? If so, you will be happy to know that (once we go back to the office...!) we offer free cheese, yogurt, and a variety of dairy products on a daily basis! And
- We offer generous vacation and personal days. In addition, our offices are closed from December 24 to January 2 inclusively during which time our employees are paid.
These are just a few reasons that make DFC a great place to work!
DFC Mission, Vision & Values
We work together to leverage our unique skills, talents, and experience to promote and protect Canadian dairy.
Better & stronger together!
We are collaborative, respectful, and accountable. We communicate transparently and challenge the status quo. We proudly celebrate our achievements.
* * * * *
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
DFC is committed to the health and safety of our people, our stakeholders, and the communities where we live and work. Accordingly, all DFC employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment per our Vaccination Policy. Therefore, DFC will make the successful candidate an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing proof of vaccination before their start date. “Fully vaccinated” is defined as having received the complete series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine, as approved by Health Canada or any combination thereof, at least 14 days before the employment start date, as stipulated by the Ministry of Health and Public Health authorities in the respective jurisdiction of hire. If this opportunity interests you, we encourage you to send your cover letter AND resume via Isarta. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
* * * * *
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter.
DFC is a proud equal opportunities employer that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our success as diverse teams bring different perspectives and creative ideas that benefit the communities we serve. We encourage all qualified candidates from all walks of life to apply to join our team. We are committed to providing all employees with a workplace experience that is free from barriers, discrimination, and harassment regardless of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, faith identity, nationality, and/or disability status. If you have questions about accessible employment at DFC, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process (including obtaining our communications in more accessible formats), we encourage you to contact us. If you are selected to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation. Persons with disabilities preventing them from applying online are asked to contact (613) 236-9997.