ESCC is looking to hire an experienced communications professional to fill the role of Communications Coordinator.
This position reports to the Executive Director. The successful candidate works closely with the Communications Specialist and collaboratively with all ESCC staff to drive communications strategy development and create informative and engaging content that supports the work of ESCC, as well as that of designated external stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who takes initiative, can effectively navigate an environment that includes elements of complexity and ambiguity, and is able to balance multiple projects on varying timelines.
- Lead development of communications strategies and plans that help drive organizational goals
- Coordinate workflow and resource allocation of the communications department
- Conceptualize use and development of corporate platforms and publications, including but not limited to website(s), social media, e-newsletters, annual reports
- Identify opportunities to highlight the work of ESCC and the broader seniors sector in Edmonton via:
- Content creation: including developing written and visual elements and conducting interviews for articles
- Content curation: identifying sources of information and/or content that align with organizational priority areas
- Contribute to ESCC’s planning and evaluation processes
- Work with other ESCC staff to deliver promotional support to designated stakeholders, contributing to their identified goals
- Work with external vendors on creation and production of communications materials/platforms
- Conduct media relations for newsworthy initiatives and events
- Represent ESCC at community events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in a communications role, with non-profit and/or seniors sector experience an asset
- Degree or diploma in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategic communications plans
- Experience managing a variety of communications projects and platforms in a corporate setting
- The following skills are considered assets, though not essential: graphic design, basic video editing, photography
- Superior prioritization and time management skills
- Self-motivated and team player, able to effectively work independently and collaboratively
- Attention to detail
- Analytical approach
- Sound judgement and decision-making
The Communications Coordinator is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week). ESCC offers a hybrid work environment and flexible working hours. Some work may be required outside normal working hours, should meetings or events take place in the evening or weekend.
Salary: $60,000 – $65,000 annually, commensurate with training and experience.