The Human Resources Department supports the mission and values of Unity Health Toronto by fostering a work environment and culture that reflects the organization's commitment to its patients and employees. Within the Human Resources Department, the Employee Relations Team is accountable for ensuring high quality and strategic human resources services are delivered to leaders across the organization. The Employee Relations Team provide the core human resources services necessary to promote Unity Health's ability to maintain high functioning teams in the delivery of clinical and operational services and the pursuit of science and philanthropy.
Reporting to a designated Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Specialist role is assigned to provide human resources service delivery support for specific client/program teams aligned to the organizational structure. In addition to providing Human Resources team generalist support, the role will also support attendance management initiatives.
Please note this is a network-wide position and the successful candidate will be assigned to work as needed across our three sites: St. Michael's Hospital, St. Joseph's Health Centre and Providence Healthcare.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Provide a full range of support activities for the Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) and HR Manager teams. Primary responsibilities include drafting and conducting workplace investigations, arranging meetings and logistics, drafting employee letters and various communications, providing support with basic employment and Collective Agreement inquiries, analyzing HR metrics, managing the exit survey program and supporting HR policy and procedure initiatives.
- Where applicable, provide a range of activities to support the design and implementation of any attendance management initiatives at Unity Health. This may involve providing advice, training and support to leaders in the ongoing application administration, and promotion of any associated initiatives with the objective of supporting staff attendance and reducing organizational sick time.
- Provide project coordination support to Employee Relations-led special projects. When coordinating projects, the incumbent will be expected to work across various teams in Human Resources to ensure appropriate engagement to successfully enable desired outcomes.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant Human Resources experience required; experience working in a Hospital or public organization strongly preferred;
- Completion of a recognized Bachelor's degree program in Human Resources Management or a recognized equivalent required;
- CHRP or eligibility for candidacy preferred;
- Experience with leading the design and ongoing administration of an attendance support program preferred;
- Experience with employee/labour relations and workplace investigations strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment related legislation (ex. Ontario Human Rights Code, Ontario Employment Standards Act), human resources practices and procedure/requirements required;
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing data and providing guidance and support to management;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. Please note, if you are extended an offer of employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination in Ontario QR Code format. All internal candidates must be in compliance with Unity Health Toronto's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.