At Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We're committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all. At Desjardins, we have zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind. We believe our teams should reflect the diversity of the members, clients and communities we serve.
If there's something we can do to help make the recruitment process or the job you're applying for more accessible, let us know. We can provide accommodations at any stage in the recruitment process. Just ask!
As a personal finance advisor - assigned clientele, you help develop and maintain lasting and trusting business relationships with members and clients, to ensure they're satisfied.
Your role is to listen to members' and clients' needs, offer them advice that fits their financial situation and help them choose appropriate solutions to meet their financial goals. In support of your advisor colleagues, you handle the financing and insurance needs of members and clients. You seize opportunities by providing members and clients with advice and support to optimize how available new technologies and different distribution channels are used, while protecting their interests and keeping them happy. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
You drive results by recommending and selling loans and insurance products. You use your expertise to balance member/client satisfaction, business objectives, profitability and sound and prudent risk management.
You work with various partners and experts to design integrated strategies that meet the needs of members and clients.
General Information on the Position
- Help members and clients set goals and advise them on the best strategies.
- Manage business relationships, assess member/client satisfaction and service quality, follow up and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on the financial services industry, market trends and best practices in your field.
- Participate in outreach activities and be present in the community
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available : 1
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business administration or in a related field (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered. For example, experience in sales consulting or business development in any industry may be considered relevant experience.
- Hold a Mutual fund sales representative certificate issued by the Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- All products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, and those offered by competitors
- Debt management
- Notions of compliance with legislation respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Policies, legislation and standards related to products and services offered by the caisse
- Desjardins business processes
- Service standards
- Techniques used to assess and monitor individual financing applications
- Strategy recommendation and analysis applications
- Desjardins applications
- Caisse intranet portal
- Sales and client management reports
- Insurance products (financing and savings)
- Savings and investment products
- Consumer and mortgage financing products
- Convenience products and services
- Youth products
- Estate settlement
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy, Nimble learning
75, boulevard Saint-Luc
Caisses et Centres du SLSJ - CSN
Member/client sales and service (FG)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.