Job Title Relocation Specialist, Recruitment ServicesWork Site 620 West 8th, Vancouver
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Salary $39.77 - $57.17 per hourReference# 171634-cmc
Come work as a Relocation Specialist, Recruitment Services with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Reporting to the Manager, and as a member of the Recruitment team, the Relocation Specialist coordinates the development of an enhanced "concierge" relocation program across the organization. Partners with the organization's Recruiters, and provides 11 relocation support with new staff and leaders to ensure they are connected to the resources and services they need, including but not limited to moving companies, real estate and rental agents, personal storage facilities, reimbursement of expenses, etc., as they move and begin their new career with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
As a Relocation Specialist, Recruitment Services with Vancouver Coastal Health you will
- Develop, implement and maintain the organization's relocation support program, to assist new staff and leadership with their relocation needs to the various rural, remote and urban areas of the health authority.
- Consult with relocating staff and leaders to understand their needs, matching them with providers of relocation services, arranging for expenses and/or reimbursement of moving expenses, etc. Identifies solutions to designated relocation and mobility challenges, including both operational and policy related issues. Follows up with the new employee and hiring leader post hire to ensure satisfaction with the relocation experience.
- Research and maintains an up-to-date database of various relocation resources, rental companies, real-estate agents, temporary living, mortgage assistance, moving companies, personal storage facilities, etc. Liaises with representatives from professional associations, agencies and other organizations to build positive relationships on behalf of the organization.
- Monitor expenditures and relocation budgets, performs regular audits on employee retention and use of relocation resources for management review.
- Assist in reporting and analyzing measurement data to enhance the relocation program, which will inform and impact recruitment, relocation and continuous process improvement. Recommends and shares the measurement and impact analysis results with hiring leaders and team.
- Keep track of VCH approved housing, rental and moving costs in all geographic centres across the health authority in line with VCH approved relocation expenditures and budgets.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with health and safety requirements. Immediately reports unsafe situations by notifying supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Real Estate or other related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years' recent, related experience in a dynamic and diverse organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Proven innovative, motivated and enthusiastic customer service representative and relationship builder with external clients.
- Proven time management, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates excellent communication (both written and verbal), facilitation and influencing skills.
- Advanced skill in current computer applications (word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and social media).
- Promotes VCH brand by providing effective and professional services to external candidates and external organizations.
- Extensive knowledge of human resources and recruitment principles and practices, hiring regulations, codes of ethics.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https//my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.