At Vendasta, we believe in helping great local businesses survive and thrive in a world that's more competitive than ever-and we're growing our team! This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing tech companies in Canada and make a direct impact on local economies worldwide. In a world where local businesses all over the globe have had their livelihoods turned upside down, Vendasta continues to help them embrace digital solutions and flourish.
Vendasta is a certified Great Place to Work and Best Workplace? for Today's Youth and Women. Keep reading if you'd like to join us on our mission to support small businesses all over the world.
About the job
We are looking for a Business Development Representative. As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will have the opportunity to build relationships with, advise, and close deals with major names in digital, telecommunications, media, and more on behalf of the Vendasta sales team. As a BDR, you will work closely with Vendasta's Sales Development Reps on the transition of qualified, prospective channel partner relationships. You will conduct tailored demonstrations and presentations with key decision-makers & executive members with the goal of negotiating and closing new agency channel partners of Vendasta.
The impact you'll have
- Research and prepare tailored presentations for prospective channel partners
- Professionally deliver formal presentations to key decision-makers
- Understand & stay up-to-date with partner industries, competitive differentiators, technical requirements, and demonstrate Vendasta's value proposition
- Negotiate and close all phases of engagements, including review and preparation of channel partner agreements
- Drive pipeline growth through strong follow-up and engagement of prospects
- Help our channel partners grow their existing book of business and integrate Vendasta's marketplace solutions in their proposals.
- Track and maintain accurate prospect information in CRM
The value you'll bring
- 4+ years business development experience with 2+ years experience in closing B2B sales; experience in media sales considered an asset
- Ability to consistently achieve or exceed predetermined sales goals
- Familiarity with technical concepts and ability to learn quickly
- Exceptional phone, written, and interpersonal skills; world-class presentation skills
- Energetic, upbeat, highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Obsessively organized and capable of handling several projects simultaneously
- Resourceful and curious individual with a sharp intellect and the ability to pick things up quickly
So what do we actually do? We create an entire platform full of digital products & solutions that help small to medium sized businesses (SMBs) have a stronger presence online through digital advertising, online listings, reputation management, website creation, social media marketing ... and much more! Our platform is used exclusively by channel partners, who sell products and services to SMBs, allowing them to leverage us to scale and grow their business. We're trusted by 60,000+ channel partners, serving over 5.5 million small to medium businesses worldwide!
- Benefits - health, dental, life, and disability insurance, an employee assistance program (EAP)*, and $500 annual Health Spending Account. Premiums for health & dental insurance will be covered by Vendasta!
- Vacation - Minimum 3 weeks paid vacation per year; uncapped sick time policy.
- Employee Options Program - get in on Vendasta's growth and success!
- Sweet Eats - On site cafeteria with beverages & snacks all day and free catered lunch every Friday
- Training & Career Development - Education reimbursement program, professional development plans, leadership workshops, mentorship program, and so much more!
- Culture - comprised of our core values: Drive, Innovation, Respect, and Agility
- Social Events - Ideas on Tap, ski trips, virtual talent shows, yoga classes, and more!
- Giving Back - endless opportunities to take part in programs and initiatives that give back to the community we work in, including paid volunteer time.