Every connection point we create in the market can transform a relationship, generate an opportunity, and impact EY's brand.
We're seeking a highly motivated and well-rounded marketer to lead and support a variety of our entrepreneurship programs with a particular focus on the annual EY Entrepreneur Of The Year program for Vancouver. This role is about digging deep into the world of Canadian entrepreneurs and private business owners, and delivering programs, messages, experiences and omnichannel initiatives to meet their needs, cultivate relationships and drive leads.
You'll join a national team of marketing athletes responsible for enhancing EY's entrepreneurship brand and reputation in the market and be part of EY Canada's broader Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team. Your day-to-day will focus on program management, communications, content development, integrated marketing strategy and omnichannel execution, including events, across the full spectrum of entrepreneurship programs. You'll also help advise senior internal stakeholders in the firm on brand, marketing and communications related to the program, and support internal engagement to get our people excited about initiatives.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategically plan and execute marketing and engagement programs for key entrepreneurial audiences across the Vancouver market, including entrepreneurial buyer groups, women entrepreneurs, BIPOC entrepreneurs, family-owned businesses, venture capitalists, IPO-ready companies, businesses with a transaction focus and scalability, as well as influencer groups
- Evaluate and identify regional sponsorship opportunities, negotiate benefits, secure speaking opportunities, finalize contracts and manage execution, including pre- and post execution follow-up, lead nurturing, budgeting and reporting
- Build strong relationships with senior-level stakeholders and be the subject matter expert who provides strategic advice on the EY brand and go-to-market activities to maximize program and entrepreneur visibility across marketing channels such as digital, social and media
- Collaborate with and stay connected to other regional and global marketing teams to share ideas, successes, learnings, and best practices, ensuring a strong feedback loop
- Lead, coordinate and be accountable for all aspects of the Entrepreneur Of The Year activities for Vancouver, including the program launch, interview process, judging, relationship management (judges, nominees, finalists, winners, alumni, firm stakeholders, sponsors, etc.), key Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrations, awareness and promotion, engagement, budgeting, invoicing, reporting and tracking.
- Support and drive other entrepreneurship (e.g. National EY Entrepreneur Of The Year, Entrepreneurial Access Network, Entrepreneurial Winning Women, Strategic Growth Forum) and various marketing programs across the BMC team as needed
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Strong business awareness and acumen
- End-to-end marketing generalist
- Content marketing and marketing strategy development capabilities
- Quick learner, comfortable in grey with natural curiosity and a focus on excellence
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to executize messages confidently and quickly, and develop materials that are clear, concise, and impactful
- Superior ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders across the organization at all levels
- Good team player with ability to coordinate and work as ?one team'
- Business development mindset to support lead generation and conversations
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with senior-level stakeholders
- Passionate and curious self-starter comfortable in a large, matrix, process-driven organization
- Track record of creativity and innovation with a genuine interest in results
- A passion for entrepreneurship and marketing
To qualify, candidates must have:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in marketing; B2B experience strongly preferred
- University degree in marketing or related field
- Excellent project management, relationship-building, organizational, problem-solving skills
- End-to-end event planning experience, including in-person and virtual events
- A solid understanding of different aspects of marketing (e.g. PR, communications, brand, digital, social media)
- Powerful business acumen, with ability to put data in the context of a customer problem and know where to look when exposed to large amounts of data.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.