Position: Manager, Digital Strategy
Employment status: Permanent position (35 hours per week)
Location: 700- 5100 de Maisonneuve Blvd. Ouest, Montreal (Quebec)
Reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy, the Manager of Digital Strategy is part of a dynamic team of marketing and communication experts.
The Manager, Digital Strategy supports the development and management of the Foundation’s multiplatform digital strategy to acquire and inspire new donors and supporters, as well as increase online revenue. The Manager, Digital Strategy contributes to the planning and content development for digital marketing strategies designed to increase online traffic and prospect conversion as well as cultivation of existing online donors. They work with digital media agencies, as well as the greater marketing and communications team and Foundation colleagues to understand the complex matrix of fundraising needs across the organization and support a comprehensive, multi-year digital plan.
The role requires a strong grasp of the digital marketing strategies so as to to drive campaigns from conception to execution to reporting and measurement. The Manager, Digital Strategy plays a key role in linking the communications and marketing content developed across the organization and optimizing the re-purposing of said content and effort.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work in collaboration with digital agency, Digital Content Creator, Director of Digital Strategy, to develop the Foundation’s digital fundraising plan.
- Manage, coach and guide the Digital Content Creator to ensure they grow and develop in their role.
- Configure, manage, deploy and optimize all paid and social content, e-communications, content development and paid advertising campaigns.
- Develop compelling content and assets to support digital campaigns designed to increase reach, engagement, brand awareness, acquisition and donor retention.
- Over-see CRM platform and develop and optimize lead and donor automations as well as segmentation strategies.
- Produce and analyze data and performance reports and ensure continuous improvement to maximize the reach of digital marketing initiatives and assess performance against KPIs.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to set processes, resolve bottlenecks, and ensure that efforts are aligned to key opportunities and against priority campaigns.
- Ensure digital campaign milestones and deliverables are reflected in Marketing and Communication team’s content calendar and are rolled out effectively internally and externally.
Work in collaboration with Digital Content Creator and other members of the Marketing and Communications team to ensure
- quality control related to digital campaign assets - consistency in branding and messaging as well as communication frequency and segmentation.
- Work within the wider organization to connect digital campaign strategies to the execution of omni-channel marketing plans (fundraising, annual, direct mail, communications).
- Use project management techniques/principles to plan and manage multiple concurrent projects with conflicting deadlines, effectively using resources to achieve deliverables and manage competing priorities.
- Stay abreast of competitive trends and best practices in digital marketing and advertising and make recommendations to improve digital marketing efforts across all platforms.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- University Degree in Digital Communications, Marketing, Social Media, Journalism or related field required;
- Minimum three years’ experience in digital marketing and fundraising/revenue generation - recognized project manager and strategist;
- Experience in the development and implementation of digital campaigns and initiatives, with emphasis on email marketing, with a proven track record of success;
- Excellent communications skills; with emphasis on strong writing and storytelling skills. Ability to take complex information and package it in a compelling fashion for a general audience;
- Comfort with various platforms and digital software with a preference for those who have familiarity or knowledge of AKAraisin, RaisersEdge and/or Active Campaign;
- Thorough understanding of Direct Response digital marketing, with knowledge of optimization tactics, and KPI management for online/digital media;
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong collaborative relationships with colleagues, donors, physicians, researchers and other stakeholders;
- Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset;
- Experience in not-for-profit health care fundraising is considered an asset.
We thank you for your interest in the MUHC Foundation and all submitted applications will be considered, however only selected candidates will be contacted for interview purposes.
Candidates must forward their CV and cover letter via email to:
McGill University Health Centre Foundation
700-5100 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West
Montreal, QC H4A 3T2
Attn: Vanessa Pace