At Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We're committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all. At Desjardins, we have zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind. We believe our teams should reflect the diversity of the members, clients and communities we serve.
If there's something we can do to help make the recruitment process or the job you're applying for more accessible, let us know. We can provide accommodations at any stage in the recruitment process. Just ask!
As a market development assistant manager, you support Desjardins's strategic priorities by leading your department, tapping into the full market potential and meeting the needs and expectations of members and clients. You are responsible for the strategic and operational management of a team dedicated to selling financial products and services in a specific business line. You build and maintain long-term business relationships with members and clients in your line of business.
You draw up and monitor a business plan that addresses priorities, challenges and objectives. You ensure sector performance, and sound and prudent risk management in accordance with standards. You follow up on results. You draw on your ability to make quality decisions and drive results to effectively manage employees and your department's performance.
You manage a team dedicated to members and clients. You oversee employees' skills development and ensure high-quality service. The ability to develop talent is therefore essential.
You serve as coach for your team members and provide advisory services and specific recommendations that take the needs of members and clients into account. The complex work associated with your unit requires extensive knowledge of the organization and your line of business.
General Information on the Position
- Support your immediate supervisor by helping to develop business strategies in line with Desjardins's strategic priorities and the unit's challenges.
- Ensure the quality of services and business relationships, and manage the member/client experience.
- Implement and monitor the action plan to achieve target results.
- Put in place management and communication practices that promote talent acquisition and management, team synergy and change management, in keeping with Desjardins's values. Lead, coach and motivate the team to develop skills, boost engagement and empower employees.
- Implement and develop a competitive, profitable service offer that incorporates partnerships with other components in order to provide an exceptional member/client experience.
- Ensure the efficiency and continuous improvement of processes, and boost profitability.
- Promote the Desjardins brand and strengthen the organization's roots in the community.
- Uphold Desjardins's cooperative values.
Other working conditions
- Workplace : The work arrangement for the position is hybrid work #LI-Hybrid
- Number of jobs available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold a mutual fund representative certificate – Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Engagement, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Drive results, Work processes
75, boul. Saint-Luc, Alma
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.